Pic taken with trail Cam

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by ldw45, Dec 19, 2008.

1. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Neat pic sent to me

Attached Files:

2. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    That's an awesome pic right there, he got some air didnt he?

3. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    That is the coolest pic I've ever seen from a trail cam!

4. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    That is oh heck of a picture. Thanks for sharing it.

Tom

5. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    It is an awesome pic but it looks like a photoshop deal. The blood spot would not be that large if he was just hit, also the shape of the spot would only work IF it was laying down as it died. Another odd thing is a deer jumping like it appears to be is crystal clear but the tail is blurred.

6. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Cool picture !!!!!!! :cool2:

7. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    That's a heart shot. Blood spills instantly. You can see the blood in mid air. That deer took no more than 5 or 6 steps and crashed down. Trust me, I've seen it hundreds of times....Very cool pic.

8. 10IbsBass

10IbsBass New Member

State:
    AL
    Thats a great pic...

9. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    Don't see that everyday do ya. Very:cool2:

10. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Cool Pic!! That deer looks like it was flying.. Was that a reindeer???? Oh No!!!

11. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri

Good photo! Although I question whether it was taken with a trail cam, the blood spot could very well be that big immediately after being hit. I've been watching alot of videos of deer being shot, and a few of them look just like that in slow motion. Like hitting a water balloon full of blood. I think it's a still frame from a slo-mo video though. Not too many trail cams have that kind of speed and resolution.

12. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    I have heart shot plenty of deer and other animals with a rife with through shots and there is not an instant blood stain on the impact side. That shot would have to have been milliseconds after impact of the arrow so unless the deers was suffering form extremely high blood pressure there was not enough time for that amount of flow with the arrow is still plugging the hole.

13. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    If you look at the picture the blood is not in the air it is on the hide of the deer AND it is also in the inside of the far side leg between the knee and hoof. This would indicate it was either rolling on the ground to get the blood flow going up it's back and on it's off side leg. Also I do not see any muscle definition like there would be if it were under pressure from a jump.
    The legs also appear to be touching.

14. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    only problem I see with that pic is that it didnt come from my trail cam. man that is an awsome pic thanks for shareing

15. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    a bullet is also extreemly hot and does carterise some as it travles through so in most cases the blood would be delayed for a few split seconds. The pic clearly shows an arrow + the jump moving the arrow around.plus the broad head makes a bigger non hot hole

16. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Looks very similar to me. :big_smile:

[youtubevid]voppPnl45Pc[/youtubevid]

17. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Great video Matt. The deer in the video jumped plum out of the picture. I went through the video frame by frame. The blood gushed before the deer could even get airborne. Would have liked to have seen the entry side in a pic after it fell.
    I bet it would look a lot like the first pic. It is obvious to me the deer in the first picture is coming in for a landing. The trail cam caught the pic at least a second or two after the arrow penetrated the deer.

18. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    I believe that the blood spatter on the side of the deer, and on it's inside leg, is actually a shadow of arterial spurt that is spraying out from the deer, and is not actually on the deer. Good pic of a good shot IMO. :cool2:

19. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri

Me too, neat

20. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Pretty cool picture, thanks for sharing