"Photography" Who does it?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Buddrice, Jun 3, 2006.

1. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I usually have my camera with me every where I go.Here is a couple of pictures I have taken.The first one was entered into a photo contest which I received a ribbon and a Silver bowl trophy.The second one is a picture of an old home place I saw as I was going to the river to fish.Who all carries their camera with them?

Attached Files:

2. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I usually carry two. One with a telephoto and one with a general purpose lens.

3. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I have my digital camera with me most of the time when fishing, I would like to upgrade to something with a better optical zoom though 3x stinks.

Aaron

TA2D

4. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I do, i always carry my digital with when hunting or fishing. and i agree the 3x optical zoom doesnt do a great job. but close ups are awesome. heres a few examples i took when i first got my digital camera. the detail is incredible before i resized them to post here 500 x whatever.

Attached Files:

5. LarryS

LarryS New Member

State:
    Clinton,Il
    I like to take pics of Deer and any other animal that gets in my way:smile2:
    The problem i have now is the fact that the Batteries don't last long in a Digital Cam. I am thinking i need to upgrade to the one's that i can recharge.

6. AllenM

AllenM Guest

I've got a Fuji digital 3x optical zoom that I bought for purposes of displaying my tarantulas on my arachnids enthusiast website when I was running one. now we just use it as the family camera and I usually take it fishing with me since I do all catch and release. That way I'll have something to show other than another fish tale with no proof.

3X isn't bad at all really, if you're shooting reasonably close range, and mine has produced a number of pretty good close ups.

Attached Files:

7. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Buddrice,

That's some nice shots. Congratulation's on winning!

I usually always have my camera. I've been a camera nut for many years. Started out almost 50 years ago with a Sears 35 MM. At the present we have 4 digital Sony's. My wife's newest is a T-9 is the size of a credit card, takes 6 mg pixel. and 3 x zoom.
    Here is a picture that I took with my larger F717, 5 mg pixel, 5 X zoom last summer.

8. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Something to think about is that rechargable batteries usually don't last as long. By the time you are replacing your current batteries, rechargables will have already been recharged and replaced. If you keep them charged between trips, that might work, but if you have it with you at all times it's not really worth it.
    I keep a camera with me every time I go fishing with extra batteries. I managed to find a digital camera that uses AAs. :)

9. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I always carry my tiny digital with me, you never know when you'll need to grab a snapshot. I also have a full manual no frills SLR with a telephoto lens. It hasnt seen much action since my digital days, but when i do use it it takes quite the picture.

10. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I would love to carry mine everywhere I go but it's pretty exspensive and I ain't leaving it unattended. I need to get a smaller one. Here's some that I took fying home from Punta Cana. It's the sun setting at 32,000'

Attached Files:

11. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Here's more that I took. First one is a butterfly on a butterfly bush. 2nd one is the Louisville skyline from Clarksville, Indiana. 3rd one is our flag.

Attached Files:

12. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I forgot to mention that I have the same camera as Olefin. A Sony DSC F717. It's nice. I'm about 100 shy of 5000 pictures that I have taken in the three years I've owned it.

13. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I have a pair of binoculars with a digital camera included inside that I don't know how to use yet. I have a really nice Nikon 35mm with all kinds of lenses and filters and accessories that I bought second-hand. Took some beautiful pictures of the aftermath of an ice storm that came through here last Nov. I was trying to get one for a Christmas card. All the pictures you guys posted are great! Is it possible to use my scanner to post pictures in a thread, or do I have to have a digital for that? I really don't know anything about the scanner either. I am technically challenged.

14. KittenFishin

KittenFishin New Member

State:
    Clemson, South Carolina
    WOW y'alls pictures are beautiful!!! I take my camera everywhere!! Here are a few pics I've taken... Nothing compared to the ones I've seen so far though. I don't have a good camera... Just a little Nikon CoolPix... works for me though :smile2:

Attached Files:

15. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    So far, I've seen some really great pictures. Kittenfish, those are beautiful of the mountains. And that ship is a really cool angle. Gargoil, the sunset is beautiful, but that skyline is incredible. I love nightime city shots like that. And the detail on the butterfly is excellent. Y'all keep em coming. Let's keep this thread going. I'd post some, but my husband is the real photographer of the family!!

16. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I was really in to photography for about 15 years before digital cameras and I have volumes of slides. Almost became professional. Look at the one in my profile, took it last week with a cheap digital. Someday I will have to transfer all my work over from slides. about 8,000 slides

17. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    yes you can use the scanner, if you don't know how to do it, just find the manual that came with it. it will tell you how to do it... but most of them are the same... you just put the picture in the corner, close the lid, press the scan button and something should come up on your computer showing you a preview and asking you where you want to save it.

everyone's pics look great... i have to do some resizing on some of mine so that i can share some too... but i was just at the beach this past weekend and took some pics, they are at http://curseyournameracing.com/beach and i have some fishing pics at http://curseyournameracing.com/fishing/27may06 ... in the fishing ones, the last one is what we brought home, we fried up all the fish that evening and had no leftovers... all the cats are white cats and the first one was the biggest right at 8 pounds.

18. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    When I lived up in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan I was getting into it pretty heavy...I was saving my photo's on CD but when I would try to retreive them it would say "Read Only File"...and would not let me alter them in any way. So I started saving them in my computer...unfortunately...my computer crashed a couple months ago and I lost all that I had stored in there. At least I can still look at what I saved on CD...just can't show you...anyone have any ideas on how to get around the "read only" problem???:confused2:

19. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I first tried coping our old 35 MM slides with a homemade attachment on a digital camera. The pictures were OK but it was very slow. While back I purchased a Cannon scanner that scans four at a time and it's much faster
    I took this slide in 1956. I've scanned over a 1000 of our slides.

Here is a scanned slide that was shot in 1954... a guy sent it to me last week. I'm the 19 year old on the left. :big_smile:

Don't wait too long for we have some old slides that the color has gone bad. Some have mold on them. They all were shot on Kodachrome film but processed at different places, so it must be from where they were processed.

20. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    All of my slides are in plastic pocket sheets, I used Kodachrome 64 and Fuji Velvia 50.(my favorite film.) I think I will start tranfering them. Thanks for the tip Olefin!