Photography poll and picture

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by kat in the hat, Apr 29, 2007.

Would a misc. photos area be useful to you?

1. I think it would be useful.

2. I think that it is unnecessary.

3. There are already too many sub-forums.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Today, while fishing, I had the pleasure of viewing an adult bald eagle with 2 chicks. It's so cool to see these birds, and with young! I've tried to take pics of them before, but never got close enough. Look at the size of the nest! 8-10 feet across easy. Here's the pic.

Attached Files:

2. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Anybody think that a misc. photo area would be a good idea? I'm not much of a photographer, but I take alot of photos while I'm fishing, or hiking, or just whenever. Sometimes they are worth sharing, but if I do post them, they get burried quickly in GC. Has this been discussed before? Is it a good, or bad idea?

3. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    yeah i'm the same way , i like to take pictures of wildlife while fishing too.
    i need to develop some 35mm rolls that i have shot on trips a few years ago that i never seem to get around to getting developed.
    i should have some neat pics of cranes raccoons otters deer snakes
    and general senery that i thought would make a good photo of.

4. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    Thanks for the pic matt. thats a nice shot.

5. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    thanks for sharing, that would be some site to see in real life

6. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    thanks matt iv seen eagles like that in mo on mark twain and in wyoming aswell as here in kentucky and yes i also take pics alot of pics some are usefull to others and some are just for pleasure but its always nice to see what others take pics of

7. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    I like taking photos as some of you already know. We have an area in the SOC (Photo Thread) that some of us members post pictures, though I am sure that theres some of you that arent aware of that. Having an area for photos would be a good idea. Though some of the pictures posted arent solely about wildlife in the SOC.

8. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Yeah, I know. You take great photos. I wanna see more of your's, and other's, as well as a place to share mine. Not just wildlife, but whatever. I usually try to give you girls your privacy in SOC MOST of the time.lol. Alot of times, I just work them into my avatar because it's fun to change it up once in a while anyway, and like to share a good photo.

9. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Matt, that's a great shot! Those eagles sure do build roomy nests :lol:

And hey, there's no cover charge for postin on the photo thread at the SOC... come on over :cool2:

10. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    you have my complete support, great idea!

11. jga

jga New Member

State:
    missouri
    Matt, hey nice picture buddy! I love to take pictures while enjoying the great outdoors as well. However I am computer dumb and would probably never get mine posted but I would like to see an area in here where I could look at others photography.

12. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Matt - I think it's a good idea!:0a24: Like you said, I posted pics here on the general thread and they got buried fast. A photo section sounds like a logical area to add to the site!

13. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    nice shot brother...good point to bring up too. i think a misc photo section would be great.

14. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Thats a good idea and a great pic. theres a nest in my favorite lake but they have it wardened off so theres no boat traffic or hikers allowed near that part of the park.

15. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

How COOL Matt, thanks for sharing the picture. The great bald eagle, I've never seen 'em up close and personal like that....NEATO :big_smile:. I voted yes for the photo forum, I think it's a great idea also :cool2:.

16. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    So, now I'm wondering if any of the staff have any comments, or suggestions on this subject???

17. upncomincatfishking

upncomincatfishking New Member

State:
    Cheviot Ohio
    ithink it would be a good idea.it would be cool to see what all people run acroos why they're out fishin.