Photo of Big Watts Bar Catfish

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by festus, Jan 19, 2010.

1. festus

festus New Member

A friend caught this cat last Friday fishing behind his house from the bank. I met he and his wife that same morning fishing at the steam plant, which is a few miles upstream. She caught a lake sturgeon at the steam plant and will receive a certificate from TWRA. Both fish were caught on bait shop shiners.

Yep, Watts Bar has still has some good catfishing. I think this was caught on the TN River section.

2. cattracker13

cattracker13 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Nice fish. What are the certs for?

3. festus

festus New Member

Not sure, maybe the state just wants to recognize anyone who catches one of these endangered species and reports it. If anyone catches a sturgeon, just turn it in to TWRA and they'll write you a certificate to hang on your wall. Phone # (615) 781-6575. They'll take your phone #, name, address, when and where you caught it and approximate length and what type of bait it was caught on.

4. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    Thats Neat !!! And Nice Cat Thanks for Sharing !!!!

5. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
  6. WLG

WLG New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Were you fishing at the Kingston steam plant...can you fish it from the bank?

7. The_Black_Cat

The_Black_Cat New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hey! That was a nice fish! Can't wait 'till it warms up a little more down here, anxious to go fish!

8. festus

festus New Member

I was fishing across the river from the steam plant. Bank access on the steam plant is off limits right now, has been since the fly ash spill. The fish was caught downstream a ways.

9. WattsBarCatfisher

WattsBarCatfisher New Member

State:
    Kingston T
    Yep i rickon that friend was Me... Hey guys its great to be on a catfishing forum

10. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Lonnie welcome to the USCA an to the chat room enjoyed chatting with you last nite , Oh an by the way nice cat you got there

11. festus

festus New Member

Welcome to the BOC, Lonnie, good to have another local fisherman on here. Oops, I meant welcome to the USCA, we changed from the Brotherhood of Catfishermen to the USCA just a few weeks ago.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010