Phobias

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Fry Guy, May 31, 2006.

1. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    Phobias are a funny thing. When I was a kid I remember I used to play with spiders all the time, then my mom brought me a book one day that showed up close pictures of them and I've HATED them ever since. I really don't know why just happened. I've gone diving with sharks on multiple occasions and wasn't the least bit nervouse yet a little spider gets on me and I freak out. It's really quite funny when you think about it. What are some of your phobias and why.

2. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    CLOWNS I blame it on Stephen Kings' IT the made for TV movie F%&#IN' Clown....... Other than that not too much bothers me.

Aaron

TA2D

3. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    small closed in places. They have to knock me out for an MRI. Am thinking of a camper now and will go with a pop up so I won't fell closed in. I even have an outside door in my bedroom and keep it open most of the time.

Silly I guess bit it is so.
    Danny

4. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Lampreys freak me out I stopped fishing the delaware for two years cause i caught a fish that had one I never knew they were that freaky looking An yes the clown in the movie it is pretty freaky too "EVERYTHING FLOATS DOWN HERE"!

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    spiders here too. played with the yellow and black garden spiders as a kid. a big wolf spider crawlled across my hand when i was a teen and now i see one and freak out. now i do have a trantula as big as my hand. hes ok. hes big so im ok with it. the lil ones are the ones that freak me out.

6. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Small places. I need room. Had plenty of MRI's and never a problem. Past 3 or so years I can't even take an open MRI. I think it has to do with getting medical attention. Any thing a Doc does to me, I got to be knocked out.

Being strap down. Cant handle that well. They did that in an ambulance once and talk about a bad time. I had to move and they didn't see it that way.

rats/mice. Something bout those little critters that I just cant stand. I would tear a hole in concrete wall getting away from a mouse. I got a pet snake and when we buy rats for it, I cant stand holding the box it comes in and feeling him shaking around in it. I will use knife and cut box open while holding it over cage. Once the rat hung on box and grab on to my hand. I slung that thing across room and almost through 2 walls faster than a speeding
    bullet., dang near threw my shoulder out. Just cant trust a rat. Other critters, spiders etc dont bother me a bit.

7. dataman

dataman New Member

State:
    texas
    I didn't realize I was claustrophobic until I had a MRI. I freaked out bad. "Back me out or I'm coming out anyway". Open MRI only from now on.

8. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Those dang possums!!! They freak me out like crazy! Funny thing is that I used to feed huge rats to my snakes and never worried about it. Once there was a possum hanging in a tree outside my mom's bedroom window.
    I could not see it on the other side of the screen window until it started to move. THOSE EYES AND THAT TAIL:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: !!!

9. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    and i quote..."i ain't afraid of dying,it's the thought of being dead'' end quote

10. Spongiform

Spongiform New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I had a phobia of needles for a long time. I had really had allergies when I was a kid. I don't really remember it - but I was deathly allergic to pretty much everything - even milk. I couldn't go outside if the neighbors were mowing the grass.

I went to some sort of clinic where they tested me and made a list of all the crap I was allergic too - then made up a mixture of the stuff in very small amounts and gave it to me as shots. Two shots - twice a week for over 2 years. I was around 2 years old when those started.

To be honest I don't really remember any of it - I remember going for shots once or twice is all. I suppose my subconsious remembered it all though!

When going again for shots around 9 or 10 - I'd just flip out. Complete panic attacks. No matter how hard I tried I'd just start hyperventilating, sweating and shaking then I'd bolt like a scared deer!

I eventually got over it w/o any help - just got older and kept trying to make myself not be afraid of them. I finally let a doctor draw blood when I was 17. I was still pretty nervous - when the needle touched my arm it sprayed blood for about a foot all over the doctor's table and paperwork. That sure didn't help - but I've been pretty OK since then. But I still have to look away and cringe when I get a shot or blood drawn!

Aside from that the only thing that kinda bothers me is big, hairless spiders with long thin legs. I was goofing off in the woods when I was 5. I shook this small tree and countless spiders fell out of it on me. They were in my clothes, hair, crawling all over me. I flipped out and never really liked them after that! I have a tarantula now and it doesnt bother me one bit - but those little thin legged ones still creep me out some.

~
    Brian

11. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    snakes and spiders....yukkkkk

12. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Before I was married, the wife was down at my place and asked what all the dots were behind the curtain. I told her nothin, she didn't believe me, pulled back the curtain, one scream and gone like a flash of lightning. There was a bunch of little fuzzy legged spiders that lived back there. Now they make me nervous. I always figured if I left them alone they would leave me alone, and most of the time it works, same with snakes.

13. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Mine is getting stuck in an elevator.
    :lol:

14. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    I have one major one, heights. And, I have a fear of needles, and one that seems to get worse as I get older-flying.

15. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i dont like anything that gets on or crawls around on me other than a pretty girl.

16. onlyone

onlyone New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    Mine is spiders and needles. And to think Im going into medicine. lol

17. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I don't mind diving with sharks, playing with snakes, rats, or most any other critters.....but spiders, no way! They'll make you hurt yourself. I hate them all. They Are Evil!!

18. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas

I think you need a bear as a pet. LMAO

19. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    i hate the dark ,pitch black cant see iv slept with some sort of light on all my life when they burry me better put a light in the casket or else il be back lol

20. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    I'm scared of Democrates and all they represent.