Philpott Lake in virgina

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by bigtimingcats69, Apr 10, 2006.

1. bigtimingcats69

bigtimingcats69 New Member

State:
    Stuart, Virginia
    Anyone around here fish at Philpott lake? If so where do u have the best luck at? Thats if u have any luck at all because if ur like me you probably dont!! :cool:

2. BigJohnC

BigJohnC New Member

State:
    patrick springs,va
    i aint never caught any bigguns there but i kow of a few caught i saw one at jameson mill one night that went 56 pds keep hopin to one day get a biggun
    john

3. gtva

gtva Member

State:
    Bassett, VA
    I heard about that one and several others over 40lbs the last couple of years. The problem is they were supposedly blue cats, but according to the VDGIF the only cats stocked in Philpott were channels. I don't know if they just didn't publicize if they put blues in there or what. The ones I have heard of were all caught up creek channels during what would be spawning times. Don't know of anyone who actively tries for blues during the year there, but I intend to give it a go this year and see what happens.
    GT

4. BigJohnC

BigJohnC New Member

State:
    patrick springs,va
    i know there some blues and channels in there and my dad told me he caught a flathead around union bridge a long time ago so i dont know if there any in there or not
    john