philosophical question

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfisherman369, May 3, 2009.

1. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I was sitting around listening to some tunes and thinking of everything I have seen and done , and wondered to myself why and what was the use . I have lost my Father , Mother , Brother , Sister etc. and Iam the only person left to tell things they done or tell the stories they told . Unless I tell them to someone paying attention they are just lost memories .

Anyway all this brings me to a philosophical question .

What is the meaning of life and why are we here?

2. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    IMO God has a plan, thats where I focus. Ive lost alot of people myself. someday we will be reunited. Take care brother.

3. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Hmmmm,
    I think we're supposed to Love one another, and go catfishin' :wink:

4. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Floyd do you have any aunt's uncles or cousin's left that you can write and leave a journal about your up bring and your life today too?

5. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    Write some of these stories down on paper. Put them in a box and tuck it away. I'm sure one day your children would appreciate them very much. Secondly, when your old and gray, you might get in a nostalgic mood and like to go back and read some of them.

6. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I've been pondering that same question for a very long time.

good luck on that one bro.

7. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    You might want to try pictures. I have old photos, that were taken over the years, and my wife has only a couple of pictures of herself, when she was younger, now my wife owns 4 cameras, and carries one on her at all times.

My wife bought a huge scrap book for my daughter, this book is the exact size of a newspaper opened up, she had taken all the old pictures, of both our families and put in this album for my daughter, along with the news paper clippings, birth annoucements, deaths, ect. so my daughter even though when we are gone will always have something she can look back upon, kind of like a family history.

8. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    God has all the answers to your questions. If you ever need to talk please give me a PM. God Bless and take Care Sister Pat:big_smile:

9. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    To answer your question, life here is to glorify God and to bring others into His kingdom. The hardest part of that is faith, knowing that He has a plan no matter how it appears to us.

10. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    In my own humble opinion i was placed here to serve as a warning of what others should try NOT to be. You can lock a man up and take everything he has except memories, knowledge and even hope for that matter. Heck i wake up everyday thankful to be kickin and anxious to see what happens next.

11. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    What is the meaning of life and why are we here?

Why the answer is 42 didnt you know that:cool2::wink:

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree with this good post. This is not about you and me but about God and his Kingdom. God paid the price for us and left it up to us if we would serve him, and work toward his purpose of leading others to Him.

13. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Many people have pondered the question: What is the meaning of life--why are we here? After much reflection, most conclude that this question is unanswerable. Tragically, some decide that life has little or no meaning. A fortunate few arrive at a place where they say "Yes! I understand. My life does have meaning." They realize that the answer isn't something outside of who they are. The answer is in the nature of their existence.
    There are two guarantees in life and that is that you are born and you will die, it's what you do in between that counts :cool2:.

14. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    LOL RyanG

Not to many people got around to watching that movie... When I go I'll have to sing.."Farewell... and thanks for all the Fish.."

As far as the meaning of life... How dare I say I am so wise as to know such an important thing? I sure do get a feeling of purpose when my clicker goes zing though.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you and give God thanks for the things that he implements in your life... the rest is geuss work.

15. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Johnny, (Trips x 7), you quite the philosopher Did you know Plato?

Pick the God you want to believe in or pick your nose. If you cut yourself and you bleed, who or whatever you are is alive. That means exactly that. You are alive. Nothing more, nothing less.

Who or whatever you are depends on the how you use the cells between your ears. You make life,YOU make life have Meaning. YOU give live meaning, you arrange and interpret the days. You leave a legacy or none. Not the guy down the street, not the preacher in the pulpit. In reality, not even the God you chose to bow to. Because you have free will and how you wind up is still up to you.

So if ya bleed that is all the meaning you need. The rest is up to you. You make whatever life brings have meaning.

Pascal, in the 17th century had a nice thought about the meaning of life. Look it up if curious. Basically he said- Why me, why now and not then or later in the stream of time of all the eons, lo all of eternity.

Who cares, and if you do, no one can answer it for you. Just make your life as good as you can and that might be all the Meaning you need.

John.

16. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    I was waiting to see what you would have to offer to this beetle. lol good post!

17. SweetSymphony672

SweetSymphony672 New Member

State:
    England
    Hiya,

I believe that there is no overall base to what the meaning of life is,
    we're all alive, nothing more to it really.

But I do believe that it's upto us how we make our life, it's upto us what OUR individual meaning of life is, no-one chose how we were gonna live our life, upto us :smile2: