Philly

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by ryang, Aug 8, 2006.

1. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Hey any of you close to Philly, I will be in town Wednesday and Thursday night will be leaving Friday. If any of you want to get together PM me or post here, see if we can set something up. Ill be working in South Philly and my hotel isnt far from where Ill be working. I should be able to check messages after 4-5. I know Im definatly getting a authentic cheesesteak samich from Geno's Ill probably go to Pats the next day :smile2:

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    DAM! I'm trainin a new class of operators for the next couple of weeks and can't get a day off durein the week! DAM! I would have loved to get ya out on my boat on the Delaware! DAM!!!!!!!!! Remember! Ya order by sayin "ONE WIT"

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Where you training at George?

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    PM comein your way. I give ya the details.

5. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I'm very close, let me know when and maybe we can go fishing on my boat!

6. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Well Im sitting here in the Airport in Columbus waiting for my plane (it was supposed to leave uhhhhhhhh ABOUT RIGHT NOW. Got delayed an hour. Ill be in Philly and done training my students about 4ish. I should be checked into my Hotel about 4:30 or 5. George cant wait to meet you brother and Tom hopefully we can meet up today or with George Thursday.

7. cooo2

cooo2 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Tom and George you guys in the philly area. I live right out side of philly in havertown. I tried fishing the flat rock dam the other day and no luck I must be doing something wrong. AS guy not to far from me was catching what looked like 20lb ders.

8. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I live in northeast Philly. The Delaware River is not the place to be when you are flathunting. The Schuylkill is the spot. I fish everynight. Had an awesome week last week (25lber, 20lber, 2 16lbers, 14lber, and many small ones). This week totally sucks for flatheads. The river is at it's lowest point.

Cooo2,

In order to get the flatheads at Flat Rock, yo must fish right into the boils below the dam. You must know where and wade out into the middle of the dam and cast your bluegill. Let me know if you ever wanna get together. I fish all the dams for flatheads includinf Fairmount Dam (center city Phill), FlatRock (ROXBOUROUGH/Manyunk), Plymouth dam (Conshocken), and BlackRock Dam (Phoenixville/Mont Claire). The flathead population has established themselves and is booming!!! Peace out.

9. serb

serb New Member

State:
    Drexel Hill, PA
    Pat's and Gino's are good to check out for someone visiting... here is a really tasty place. My favorite is in Roxborough, but that will be a hike from you.

http://www.tonylukes.com/restaurants.htm

10. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Looks good John, the agent Im training is taking us to Geno's.

11. cooo2

cooo2 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Tan ,

Thanks Tan I might take you up on that offer and get together some time. I live in hacertown so all those place seem not to far away.
    I'll be in touch.