Phillpott Lake

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Catmansc2006, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Catmansc2006

Catmansc2006 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Justs moved to Virginia from South Carolina, and live near Phillpott lake. Wondering what type of fish, especially cathfish I can catch there. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

2. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    I have not fished Philpott, but know of some big blues caught there. I also know that there is good channel cat and walleye fishing at Philpott. If your close to Philpott you must be fairly close to Buggs Island good blues, flats, and channels there also. Good luck to ya!

3. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    just wondering what lakes did you fish in S.C.??

4. Catmansc2006

Catmansc2006 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Santee Cooper lake system.

5. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    man that's gonna be hard to compete with but virginia has some great catfishing lakes and rivers there too...i'm only familiar with lake anna and a small part of the james river...where exactly is this lake phillpott (what is it close to)??

6. gtva

gtva Member

State:
    Bassett, VA
    If you've ever heard of the Martinsville Speedway, Philpott is about 20 miles NW of the track. Between Roanoke, VA and Greensboro, NC.
    I hope there was a good reason to leave Santee and come here, I would do a lot to make the opposite move!
    If anyone wants some one to fish with in southern VA, give a shout.
    Greg

7. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Hey Greg, which waters do you fish?

8. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    I used to fish alot at Horshoe point on Phillpot. Always caught alot of bullheads and a few nice chanells. I hope to get down to camp some this summer, haven't been in about 6 or 7 years to Phillpot.
    chip

9. gtva

gtva Member

State:
    Bassett, VA
    I have mainly fished Philpott and Buggs from the bank. I have a used boat now that is ready for the water so I plan to make time to fish more this year.
    Greg

10. bogeyman

bogeyman New Member

State:
    Collinsville Virginia
    Live 20 minutes from Phillpott. I don't fish it much for cats but I guess I need to . A friend of mine caught 35# blue while fishing for bass.

11. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Bet he thought he had the world record bass on his line for a minute!:tounge_out:

12. Johny Buck

Johny Buck New Member

State:
    virginia
    I fished Phillpott from 1986-1991. It was harder locating fish than other lakes I fished. I was fishing for smallmouth and had the most luck on a jig-n-pig. It's fairly deep in places so if possible I would scout it with a graph and try what the locals tell you. Good luck!!