Phil Washburn. A...

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by postbeetle, May 13, 2008.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Phil Washburn. You and I seem kindred spirits. You seem like the kind of guy like me who goes to bed at night and wonders just why we are like we are. I could pick out a couple of others on here, but you seem like one I could take in a square up. Just compare my avatar to yours. You ain't got a chance.

A deal I propose. The forum lately has been discussing macabre things like cancer, bodies found, rocky mountain spotted fever, wives and chicken livers. I would like to lighten it up because this is a family forum. We wouldn't want to offend anyone under the age of 23.

Daily (well almost daily, or sometimes anyhow) I will put something up for your perusal. An intelligent thread starter, family orientated. No religion allowed. Answer me if you are of a mind and if not that is OK to. You have to come up with something occasionally for me to digest.

I will start it with this question:

If the population of China (1.6 billion) invaded the shores of California next week, how many Marines would it take to stop them?

Later, John

If the moderators grab my ear and smack me across the nose with a yardstick this won't go any further. Nuns anyhow.

2. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Interesting to see WIVES listed under macabre things but ok I have no problem with that:smile2::roll_eyes::wink:.In anycase if you have a wife you aint got time to worry about 1.6billion Chinese invading California you already have far more serious problems to worry about:eek:oooh:In any case what makes you think any Marines would necessarily see a Chinese invasion of California as a bad thing.Many I know would be likely to help!!!!!!!!:big_smile::wink::crazy:It wont take any Marines to repel a mere 1.6 billion Chinese anyway, because they dont have as many heavy weapons as the California gangs and would ,quite frankly probably get their ass kicked in about two days or less.If they didnt they would eventually become part of the counter culture anyway,forget why they came and just add to the problems already there.If they interupt the shopping sprees going on on Rodeo Drive it wont take long before the Macabre California wives send them packing anyway.Bring them on.:smile2::big_smile::wink:but not during Speedweek at California Motor Speedway.Mess with the Nascar race and they will be paddling back across the Pacific faster than they came over.!!!!!!!!:smile2:::wink::big_smile:

3. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    im no phil, but-----

i think it would take the marines either. i think the illigals would view the chinese as "poaching the good life" and take up the fight themselves. i would venture a guess that most of camp pendelton and 29 stumps would be involved in a big gambling circuit. kinda like we used to bet on scorpions and spiders duking it out in a circle of sand.

4. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    oh yeah...thanks, John..like the mods weren't paying enough attention to me already:eek:oooh::smile2:

just one, if that marine is president:big_smile:

i'll try to come up with some tonight to post for you tomorrow, my friend:big_smile:

5. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

and i bet your wife and family is thankful for that:wink::smile2:

6. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I`ll bet they are too,LMAO!!!

7. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Mornin' Phil: Very good answer for Question #1. A little problem in one way. Those Marines are smarter than that. They just save Presidents lives, not try and become one.

Actually Jim and JD are very close to my thinking here.

My answer is ......

It would take zero marines. They are a savvy bunch. They would flank the hordes, offload from Oregon and head for the empty country of China. Salute Okinawa as they pass and plant the 'Merican flag in Beijing without a KIA. Meanwhile back home the 1.6 billion Chinese meet the 1.6 billion illegals and they Duke it out. A good time was had by all.

Thanks for participating folks. The next question comes tomorrow.

Later, John

8. OkieBo

OkieBo New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    What if there were no hypothetical questions?

9. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    hypotheticly there would be no answers :crazy::tounge_out::smile2:

10. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    John, I think you would be in the midst of your 3rd Chinese lesson about now and learning how to rid the streets of felines in Chinese home economics class
    You are old enough to know the US doesn't repel anyone, we offer them Social Security benefits and food stamps.

It wouldn't take any marines. No bullets would be issued.

11. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    John please post a question that will include the Navy in it.Dont want to deny the Squids an opportunity to become world saviors.Just remember the Jarheads would be aboard Navy ships enroute to China in the answer to question one.RYANG is starting to look a little hostile in his Avatar!!!!!!!:big_smile::smile2::wink:

12. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Thanks for that very necessary reply, Jim! :big_smile:

The true answer: Marines, none. Why? The Navy stopped the Chinese before they made it ashore.

On the other, I have to agree with Mark in that, if they did make it ashore, the Marines would be too busy obeying orders to defend us... too busy forceably removing guns from the possession of law-abiding citizens during the time of crisis.

Don't believe me? Remember New Orleans following Hurricane Katrina! :angry: