Phil King seminars at Cabela's

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by eflow, Feb 19, 2008.

1. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Just wanted to let everyone know that Phil King will be giving seminars at Cabela's Hazelwood Mo. store Feburary 23 & 24 (contact store for times).

2. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Thanks for the update Justin. Our very own John Jamison will be doing seminars as well I believe.

Guys, these are two of the best Tournament Catfish Anglers in the country, and we all can learn something from these gentleman. If you can work it into your plans, it will certainly leave you with some new ideas and techniques to improve your catfishing. Go give em a big Gateway Welcome. In the past 3 years I cant tell you how much these two folks have helped me with my catfishing. Whether they chose to educate me, or I watched from afar with Binoculars, or If I looked at Jamisons GPS coordinates while he slept is unimportant :smile2::wink

3. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Do you think King or Jamison would skip the seminar to go fishing with me so I could win the bet with Bob? I would of course cut them in on half of the proceeds.:wink:

4. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    John might do it just for the fun of beatin me. Again

5. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    I wonder if they would mind if a couple of guys show up all full of cat & shad slime

thinking about stopping by after the get together

6. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Phil and John have both smelled plenty of it Willie. I doubt they would care. Now the ladies around there might feel differently

7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I'm not so sure King and Jamison would find 5 bucks worth there time :wink: However, they just MIGHT do it for the good Ol fun of it.
    I'm wondering if these two might be conspiring on a fishing location for the Classic :angry:

8. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Well now that you mention it Cuz, the timing aint that far off. And doing a seminar would be a good reason to come to St. Louis. Hmmmmm. They are pretty slick if you ask me. I wonder if they brought boats with them. We need a spy.

9. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I assure you Mr Jamison will be dragging his rig. Mr King I'm not so sure about. If I had to place a bet on this one, I'd be laying some cash on the fact Mr Jamison and King will be fishing the river south of St. Louis this weekend at some point :angry::wink::smile2:

10. MikeonWabash

MikeonWabash New Member

State:
    Grayville, Illinois
    Thanks Justin, I'm going to try to make that.

11. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Hey guys since we are fishing saterday, why don't we meet up Sunday and do the seminar at Cabellas..Will make a nice weekend..

12. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    the times for the seminars are: Phil king (trophy blue catfishing) Sat. @ 11:00am and Sun. @ 1:00pm he's also doing (basic catfishing techniques for all ages) on Sat. @ 2:00pm. I'm not sure about John Jamison but i thought he was going to be at the Kanas City store???????:confused2:, better ask Cuz he may know more about John's seminars???

13. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I might be able to get over there for the 1pm Sunday seminar. I'll be taking the family with me of course. Always need a good excuse to get out of the house!!

14. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Sunday sounds good to me and if we get snowed out Saterday then some of the guys can catch that 2 pm seminar on Saterday.. I won't mention any names but they need all the help that they can get... hehehe

15. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    He's at another KC boat show this weekend. He'll be at Hazelwood next weekend.

16. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Since Cabelas hasn't listed their seminar schedule for next weekend, John wanted you guys to know what was going on. He'll be speaking at 5:00p.m. on Saturday, and 11:00a.m. & 2:00p.m. on Sunday.

He also said that Cuz was taking him out on Monday and showing him all of his hot spots!:smile2:

17. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    5 pm saturday. anybody goin? ill be there.

18. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I already told Mr Jamison where my HOT SPOTS were :roll_eyes: If he will run ALL the way up Plattin Creek until it gets too shallow to run, and pitch his anchor out, he can wait the Blues out there. :smile2: I told him he needs to exercise extreme patience, as the blues wont show up till uh, say, about 4pm. :smile2: :smile2: :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

19. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    that sounds like a great educational activity that would be well spent as a family event.

20. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Did you tell him about that spot down there below Chester where they start hittin real good about noonish... hehehe