Phenominal day! 1/9/'10

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Bill in SC, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    The day started out as anticipated, bitter cold and windy. Driven by the positive prospect of Carolina winter fishin', we hit the road to the water, in Chris' dad's truck. We were motoring down the highway when I heard a loud explosion! Trailer tire exploded. No problem I figured, we'll just take it off and get a tire right quick. I have NO spare. Then Chris said, we ain't got no jack. Shortly after, he said, we ain't got a lug wrench either! I quickly decided to ride with the tire off the shoulder of the road to a tire store. Found one about six miles away and got a used tire for $24. Finally got to the water and when we launched the boat, we saw a few bubbles coming up from the water at the new, used tire. Hell with it, we're goin' fishin' boys! We eased out into the lake to fetch some bait. First cast of the net, and it froze solid time Chris pulled it in! After about three casts, the bow of the boat was a solid sheet of ice from water from the net. The combination of casting a frozen 7 foot net while standing on a solid sheet of ice made the bait catching experience quite humorous. Anyhow, we soon had about 50 threadfin shad, so we headed to our spot and commenced to fishin'. The next several hours produced one of the best days I ever had catfishin'. The first takedown, Chris landed a 28 pound flattie, fat as a pig! After that we had nearly continuous action and ended up with THIRTY FOUR (34), QUALITY fish. Several over twenty and many in the mid teens. All fish were caught on threadfin shad in 39 degree water about 30 feet deep. When we finally loaded up about dark, the trailer tire was very nearly flat. I drove about 25mph for about ten miles to the nearest air pump. Made it home without further incident. I have been fishin' three times since December 26th, and we have boated over 700 pounds of fish in the three trips!!!!! Here are a few pics from today.
    Bill in SC

Attached Files:

2. paul c

paul c New Member

State:
    sparks ga
    Nice fish...just wished I could have been there.

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    More pics

Attached Files:

4. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    Thats an awsome day for sure,Bill. Anybody willing to tough it out in this weather deserves to catch em. Congrats!!!

5. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    More pics

Attached Files:

6. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    More pics

Attached Files:

7. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    congrats Bill and the rest also.

8. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Great day of fishing!!

What lake or river were fishing on?

9. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    Looks like yall had a great day... congrats

10. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    Looks like youy had fun..member when you told me those gps coordinates ..What were they again??...lmao

11. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    Thanks for sharing with us Bill.

12. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Dieter, We were fishing in one of the Pee Dee reservoirs below Badin lake. Isn't the Badin lake tourney next weekend?

Bill in SC

13. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    That Flattie is big enough that you don't have to thrust it into the camera lens like those BA$$ fishermen do, LOL!!!!

Thanks for the fishing report.

14. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "Catfishing in January....Priceless"! :wink:
    WTG & Thanks for sharing it with us.

:good:

15. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Well Bill, I'm pumped up seeing that!!!

Awesome day, Congrats, and thanks for the pics and post

16. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    You are exactly right skipeye! However, it just shows off the fish in better detail to photograph them like that. You can see every blemish on them. The intention was certainly not to make them look bigger, but clearer. Bad photographs ruin many otherwise great posts.
    Bill in SC

17. tricitycatter

tricitycatter Member

State:
    Washington
    Damm good day I would say. I am Jelious, I wanna go next time....awww damm I live WAYYYYY out West. Thax for the Pics

18. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    nice day of catching Bill-thanks for the updates.

19. Pennspin

Pennspin New Member

State:
    Alexander City Al.
    That's some nice fish. Thanks for sharing.

20. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I occasionally come fish the mighty Columbia river for salmon, so you surely can get your tail over here for some trophy cat action! ;-)

BB in SC