Pheasant? How do you cook pheasant?

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by jholl949, Nov 24, 2008.

1. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Do any of the hunters here know how to cook pheasant? A friend gave me one but need to cook it. I'm thinking fry it like a chicken?

2. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    My favorite is smoked pheasant.

A friend does his by putting in a crock pot with a can of cream of mushroom soup and cooking till tender then serves with good mashed potatoes or served atop home made noodles. That too was very good!

3. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Fried:
    Melt a stick of butter in a frying pan, add a bottle of hot sauce to the butter.
    Cut pheasant breast in srtips, flour and fry.

Kabobs:
    Cut pheasant in bite sized chunks.
    Add a piece of pheasant than a piece of bacon to kabob. Add button mushrooms, green peppers, onions, ect. what ever you like. Just make sure each piece of meat you add to put a piece of bacon on next.
    Now coat the entire kabob in ranch dressing and marinate for a hour or so.
    Now place on bbq and grill until done.
    Works great with any wild game.

4. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    If you have field dressed breasts, i.e. ripped breasts and no skin and the rest of the body tossed, then marinate breasts in salt and sugar for a half day in the frig. Rinse and do in a George Foreman. Just takes minutes.

Can do the kabob route or pan fry, but get some moisture into the meat.

Whole bird. Start a roasting chicken, then after awhile put in the pheasant that has been marinated (soaked) in salt water and sugar if you want along side it. Baste the chicken fat on the pheasant and toast to the color you like.

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Both of these are my favorites,I wonder how doing a whole bird in the beer butt fashion like yard bird would work,If I ever get another I will have to try it on phesant.

6. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    Get A Cook Book :smile2:
    You can Bake them like a duck you know the old apple and fruit stuffed in side. Cook it on a rack on its back half done then finish with the breast down.
    You can Also smoke them in a smoker like a brisket.
    Loop

7. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Thanks for all the tips.We're going to try the crockpot one.