PGS reels

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by nhra22, Jan 30, 2006.

1. nhra22

nhra22 New Member

I have 3 3600's... they come in 5600 as well I believe... you can get them online or on ebay for $50-$60... when they came out they were like $120+... VERY NICE reels for the money... 7 bearings.. planetary drive/gears/whatever... I just now saw one on Ebay for $52+$7 shipping... they are more advanced/refined/powerful than any other Ambassadeur 3600/5000 series reels... if you are gonna go with a 5000,5500,5600 -- get a PGS.

2. nhra22

nhra22 New Member

You can get them online/Ebay cheap too... now that I think about it, they are probably better than the PGS... they have 7 bearings, planetary drive gears, but are coated in something called Duralite. It's like a rubberish coating. I know it is nearly scratch-proof. Mine has a few scuffs, but no scratches,nicks. Also makes it incredibly corrosion-resistant as well.. I can't believe they never took off, considering the features they have. Takes a while getting used to the amount of freespool they have too... great reels... for Ambassadeur reels, they are great....

3. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I got a 6600 a year or two and they are prety nice. Probaly never got big because the price? I dont like how the levelwind doesent move when you cast so when you start to reel the lines on one side and the levelwind is on the other. It needs to slide freely or turn with everything else IMO.

4. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    I have an Eon I use when bass fishing. Very good reel.