pflueger reels

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by bw69r, May 22, 2008.

1. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    has anyone used any of this company's reels for flatheads? if so how are they? were they baitcasters or spinning? any info would be appreciated.

2. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I have a Pflueger President Spinning Reel. Pretty decent for the price I only managed one flathead on it last year. It was only a ten pounder or so not enough for a real test. I have caught plenty of channels on it and haven't been using it much lately.

3. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    the only thing that i know about these reel they are owned by shakespeare

4. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    The Pflueger's I've seen seemed to be pretty nice. On one of the Catfishing with the Pro's DVD's, (Rock River Flatheads), guide Denny Halgren uses the Pflueger round baitcast reels to catch many flatheads up to 61lbs. He doesn't use very heavy line, usually 20lb test, but the reels seemed to handle the fish just fine. I don't know how they'd hold up if you put 80lb Power Pro on one though.

5. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    I have a Trion bait caster on a fenwick HMX 7' 6" rod and it is a really nice combo.

6. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    Pflueger contenders are the best baitcasters ive ever used period. The g30 is awesume, i have one on a 8' bwb ugly stik and i dont think theirs a freshwater fish i couldnt catch with it. the casting ajustment is stronger than any reel and the drag probally is too.

7. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    thank you all for the info.