Pflueger President Casting Reel

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by PeZ, Jul 13, 2006.

1. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I just bought 2 new Pflueger President Casting Reel's and I just love them there smooth, easy to cast good warrenty and I feel there as good as my Shimano Curado Baitcast Reels. With the cost of Curado's going up to 199.99 I didnt think they were worth the price they were asking I bought 2 of them 2.5 years ago for 99.99 and was very happy with them and still use them but when i went to buy 2 new one's this year i seen the price had allmost doubled. So i thought I would try something new and im glad i did.
    I got 2 new Pflueger President Casting Reel's for 99.99 each on sale and im very happy. Has anyone else switched from the Curado's and if so what are you fishing now?

2. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

3. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    They look like real good reels. (pun intened)

4. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I use the presidents for bass fishing but never seen them that low price. You got a big bargin I paid over 150 for mine with tax.

I also use the round trion baitcasters for catfishing model 66 has the clicker.

I think Pflueger is the top of the line. and they are advertising more now so the price will be going up. Their new reel is 170 and it is no better than the president but they had to come out with a new model to charge more money.

The company is now owned by shakespear and that is why shakespear products are better than before.

Pflueger is over 100 years old and I don't think there are any reel companys that don't use their patten Ideas for their own products.

5. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    my father bought a president spinning reel combo in the 'light' category. I have used it a little and i was very impressed with the quality. It was $79 for the rod/reel combo and it is sweet!

cyas
    rc

6. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Got a couple Pflueger Supremes that sell for around 170-180. Got them direct from company and paid 90 each. Quite a markup on these reels . Gave one away to a fellow who is a big help in our organization and use the other one myself. Shakespeare owns Pflueger.

7. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    i had no idea that Shakespeare owns Pflueger

8. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    1966 – Shakespeare acquires the Pflueger® Company (formerly known as The Enterprise Company).

Probably not to many knows that. Shakespeares rep is low line.