Pflueger Contender

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Ryan, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Ryan

Ryan New Member

State:
    Crystal, Minnesota
    I haven't seen much about these reels. Does anyone have one? What do you think? How well can you cast with them? Looks like these could be the bees knees!

2. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I use the Plueger trion, round, baitcaster, model 66 it's the only trion model with a baitclicker. it is the almost perfect reel. It one of the best casting reels in the world. It is a great reel for large bass, stripers, samon, catfish and yes big catfish. I have over 20 rod,reel setups and since finding the Pflueger I have purchesed 3 more, I have all four matched with challenger rods, one piece 7 foot 9 eyes.

3. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i have a pflueger solari reel (spinning), with a pflueger rod (6.6ft). i can use it for everything. it casts nice and reels nice and has a nice swishing noise when u reel, its sensative and durable, i've lost this rod and reel into the drink twice and its still goin strong. i got it for 50 dollars at cabelas

4. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    pflueger makes a good reel. ive handled a few and they seem pretty stout

5. Ryan

Ryan New Member

State:
    Crystal, Minnesota
    Oh, trust me, I've got some Pfluegers, just looking for model specific info. I was thinking about the Trion 66, but I want something a little more substantial. I'd compare the Trion to the Abu 6500, and I want something more along the lines of the Abu 7000.