Pflueger Contender G30 Reels

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by bw69r, Jun 12, 2008.

1. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    has any one used these, if so how are they. is it a reel that someone with little experience with baitcasters like myself be able to use. is it a good reel for fishing from shore for flatheads. any advice appreciated.

2. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    my personal favorate. the cast ajustment is second to none and the drags smooth and strong enough to stop any flathead or snap your line or drag you in. Pflueger knows how to make a reel:wink::cool2:

3. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    thanks Brandon for the info. when i looked these reels up they said they were a trolling reel. what is the difference between a regular baitcaster and these. does it make it easier or harder to cast them. also saw they have an L30 model (guess a newer version) for roughly the same price.

4. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I think they call them trollers because they are rated for a heaveier line and they are bigger then there reg. bait caster

5. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    not shure what denotes a trolling reel maybe the lever to disenguage the spool rather than a button:confused2::roll_eyes: believe me its a smooth reel that will cast. i believe the other reel youre talking about is the contender G30L (i also have) witch is a huge lever drag reel that does not have any cast controll other than (i think) a non ajustable 2pin cintrifigual witch makes it hard to get any distance untill you get around 10oz of weight on there. LD reels generally dont have a cast controll knob so if youre not real efficent with a bait caster you might avoid a lever drag.

6. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    thanks for info guys. Brandon where did you buy yours?