Pets...whatcha got?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by elphaba7, Oct 6, 2005.

1. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    I have two Rottweilers...Veg (short for Vega) is 9.5 years, and Mook is the puppy at 7.5 monthes. We have a fat rabbit named Honey Peeps who is 3, and two fish, a gourami and a "feeder" gold fish who didn't get eaten, and outlived our Oscar.

What pets do you all have?

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    2 Dogs, 1 black lab mix - Lady, 1 Scottie mix - Dixie *(also known as Yapper and that damn dog)*

1 black outside cat - Tux

5 goldfish

2 kids

and a Wife

3. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Well we have 8 dachshunds. 3 males and 5 females All are black and tan 4 long hair and 4 smooth hair. They're kind of like our childern.

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    1 Golden Ret and 1 Stupid cat, if anyone wants this thing Ill gladly bring it to you LOL

5. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i have 6 dogs..1 german shepherd, 1 beagle, and 4 heinz 57

jen, my beagle would love to meet your rabbit :D
    and ryang, i have a dog that would love to have your cat :D

6. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Haha, Phil, she bosses the Rotties around, so she might give him a run for his money, lol.

On a side note, our neighbor has a dog that has "adopted" us. Think he might be a bird dog of some sort. His name is Pete, and he's still a puppy. Sweet dog.

7. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    I have a tabby cat named boots, and 2 aquariums full of african cichlids. I also have bluegill in my shed, but they are just temporary. :D

8. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Cichlids are cool. :thumbsup:

9. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Well, let's see all our animals are pets to my wife.

2 female goats
    1 it goat(actually born as both a male and a female, which according to vet is fairly common)
    1 male peacock
    1 female peacock
    1 male duck
    1 femaled duck
    about 20 chickens
    2 cats
    3 Shelties
    1 Cockerspaniel
    An aquarium full of fish

Pets we've had

Potbelly Pig(got rid of it when it figured out the doggy door!) :eek:
    Guineas
    Finches
    Conyer(small parrot)
    Many, many rabbits

Pets she wants:

Alpoca or whatever it's called (looks like a llama, which she's talked about too)
    Horse or miniature horse(think she's changed her mind finally)
    Sugarglider(Looks like a very small flying squirrel)

Yep, my wife loves animals!! We have a small petting zoo here. I had to agree to let her have all the animals she wants in order to move to the country. Now I don't think I could ever get her back to the city. LOL

10. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Bryan, some day I wasn to have goats. I heard the males are harder to care for what with the smell and all, but I just want a female and a kid or two for milk so I can make cheese and yogurt. :)

11. Sean

Sean New Member

State:
    Phoenix, AZ
    1 male rott, names Malachai
    1 black cat, names Greendog
    1 fish, my sons, names frodo. It's one of those chinese fighting fish, Beta I think?
    1 recently deceased gerbil, also my sons, he left the cage door open and Malachai and Greendog ate her. Her name was Dorris.

12. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Jen, we had a Billy Goat for about 3 years. Never again. LOL Smell is an understatement!! When the females are in season you can't hardly stand to be near them. And with a neighbor that had 40 more goats, he was always reacting to his senses!! And if that Billy Goat got overly excited, you better not be standing in front or to the side of him. He had deadly aim!! LOL Terrible in my opinon!! Our aquarium is full of Cichlids too. Not all Africans though.

13. Southernraised84

Southernraised84 New Member

State:
    Fayettnam, North Carolina
    Right now i have, 1 brendale boxer who is 7 months old his name is Otis bringer of destuction and doom....lol.We call him Otis for short.Then we have our bird dog he is a 2 year old full blooded yellow lab.His name is Jake Grandmaster Brink, we call him Jake for short.He is a really smart dog the SBI offered me and my dad(becuase its both of ours we both went half and half on him) 3000 for him to turn him into a drug dog or whatever, we told them no. Those are my dogs been thinking about getting some dogs to run deer with but havent decided yet.

14. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    did i mention my wife? i pet her also :D

15. bull_head

bull_head New Member

State:
    Laceyville, PA
    I have had many dogs since i was boy ...

my best freind was Chubby a Black Lab I got when I graduated from High Scool in 1989 he lived to 2004 ... he had a stroke on Super Bowl Sunday of that year .... he was a rare find he loved to drive when you go out on the road he would sit on your lap while you drove ... and he would NEVER lick anyone in the face ... but he loved to be petted on the head ... I miss him dearly but I know hes waiting for up in Heaven ...

the Dogs we have now are a Female Beagle named Jordy (shes 2) and a Male Collie Mix (neutered whos 1 and 1/2) named Buddy ...

over the years we have had ducks , chickens , pigs and a couple of Cows ...
    and a few cats (thou im not a cat person ...)

dogs on the other hand I adore ...

16. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Phil, I mentioned my wife too, and the kids.

17. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Besides the kids :D
    just one. Shakes, my chow/lab mix male dog. He was my trusty co-worker till yesterday,aww you all know that one already. Hehe

18. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    I have a half golden lab, and half red Doberman Pinscher. He's a pretty cool lookin dog! He's kinda a weenie though. He's afraid of just about everything, but he minds well, and loves children and other dogs.

19. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    ok i have 3 dogs eskimo he is a lab/boxer mix thunder which i couldnt tell ya but she has rotty colors and patterns lol and bach lab/other mix lol
    and sparky the cat

then i have the pond which is my "aquarium" lol i have 39 catfish and a few bass and a lot of bluegill/bream loland sometimes a turtle that needs to be removed lol

and sorry but i couldnt put my wife and 3 kids on the list lol i would be in the doghouse for sure! lol

20. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I have my long time hunting buddy and family companion Molly, she's a registered chocolate lab. I have retired her as she is about 14 now.
    We now also have a 9 month old registered great dane named Moose. He is brindle colored and looks like a bengal tiger (and all ready as big as one LOL).