Petition for 1 catfish per day 34" or over in Georgia

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by Team Hold EM Hook, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Team Hold EM Hook

Team Hold EM Hook New Member

State:
    al
    Please help us conserve our trophy catfish here in Georgia. The link below will take you to the petition to sign. Please help conserve our trophy fish for our future generations.
    http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/petition-sign.cgi?JNDH34

I would also like to thank David Harrison (Bumper) for helping get this started

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    great idea, no one is gonna protect our sport but us!

3. Matt77

Matt77 New Member

State:
    from Us NY live in Cnt FL
    Thats probably why CPR came about

4. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Thanks Joe. I'm all signed up and I hope everyone else will take the time to sign the petition. This is something we really believe needs to be done here in GA. Thanks everybody!

5. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Hope "they" listen and pass some kind of bill. Petition signed!

6. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    the petition states that there shall be no limit for the amount of fish kept under 34 inches . i don't know georgia law. is there no limit on catfish there, or are you perposeing that there be no limit on fish less than 34 inches long? it would be pretty tough to come up on tournament day with a couple of 35 inch fish and have to throw one back then get beat at the scales by 18#'s.

7. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    No, there is no limit on how many catfish you can keep here in GA. The problem is too many big fish are being kept.

8. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    Sir, the petition is signed. I will tell everyone I know to get off their behinds and do the same. Thank you for taking the time.

9. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    PLEASE SIGN THIS FOR THE GOOD OF ALL!

10. Klag

Klag New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Signed.

Tra la la, trying to make this post reach the 15 characters minimum but I have nothing else important to say :)

11. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
  12. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Okay, I have signed the petition. I will send it to as many folks as I can. Thanks

13. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    Hey guys just wanted to say good luck and keep it up and in case ya'll haven't heard by this fall with any luck alabama will have the 1 over 34in a day per person and no transport of live catfish across state line in affect.
    :wink:

14. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Im # 31,
    I hope this can gain a little more steam, seems like there have been some heated debaits on this issue of the flatheads in the rivers in the south part of the state..
    its funny that thats where the big flatheads are comming from and the folks dont want to protect them,,,:eek:oooh:
    puddle...

15. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I signed the petition eventhough I'm from Kansas I love seeing states getting proactive protecting these great fishes. Maybe one day big cats will be protected nationwide!

If you fellas get a moment please take the time to register and vote for Me in this little compitition http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83265

good luck guys keep up the good work!

16. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Signed from NC
    I used to keep all of of my catch but now I keep the little ones for the pan and release the big breeders.
    LB