PETA's latest attempt to ruin our lives

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by oh_darn, Nov 14, 2007.

1. oh_darn

oh_darn New Member

State:
    Nixa, MO
    they've started a website called fishinghurts.com, and all it does is talk about how much we hurt fish when we catch them, and how much worse it is when we practice CPR. judging from their record, maybe we should all watch out for crazy people throwing fish guts on us while we fish. LOL

2. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    The best thing to do is dont pay the stupidity any mind.
    Of course its easy for me to say living in Johnston County , NC.
    They know better then to come play around in our sandbox.
    We play back and have the reputation of doing so.

3. Jazper

Jazper New Member

State:
    Chillicothe OH
    I wouldn't give them the hit on their website. If they had their way we would be in the same situation as the deer and turkey population around here. Over bearing and out of control. Just my two cents

4. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I gotta go with Mark and Jeremy on this. The just want the attention and website visits.

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I wonder how many of them have a fishing pole in the closet? Ya I wouldnt click on there website either.

6. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    They're disturbed people. I bet a fishing pole is'nt all most of them have in thier closet !! anyboby that denies the urge to live from the land, and not a can must have a spring busted somewhere down the line....

7. oh_darn

oh_darn New Member

State:
    Nixa, MO
    yeah, i just saw the link to it while i was trying to find a fishing report for my favorite fishing hole, adn i couldnt believe that someone could be so ignorant. i mean really, are they so unsure of themselves that they need to trash everyone elses lives to make themselves feel better?

8. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Yup! That makes em feel better than everyone else. Kind of high and mighty even. Must suck to be them.

9. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    There is always someone that has to spout ignorance just to make themselves feel better.

10. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    If one of them fools throws fish guts on me I guess I'll go to jail cause I'm gona pop a cap on him,them,it or what ever you call a peta nut.

11. capt theory

capt theory New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i partially agree with them. if you just take a overview look at the situation, your putting a hook out there and yanking their jaw like noones business. yes, that is painful and yes that can be considered torture. but take another step back and look at how you got that fish to bite. almost all fish attack and eat other fish. there are a few innocent bystanders like carp and spoonbill, but for the most part fish are predators. i will admit that im pretty brutal with cut bait. but if one uses a lure to obtain the strike, then that fish just got whats coming to it.. it was going to kill and eat your lure because it thought it was another living fish.. im sure those peta folks arent thinking about that aspect when there preaching their message. if you ask me they should concentrate on the real victim, the shad. run a campaign to save the helpless shad from the rest of the fish trying to eat em..
    maybe a bit philosophical, but i thought id throw in my two cents.

12. gbigskin

gbigskin New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    folks please do not under estimate the power of the animal rights movement. peta, paws, hsus, etc. are all powerful groups. do not forget that most of our population is now urban and most of these people have no clue as to rural lifestyles. hunting, fishing, agribusiness, etc. are foreign to them. never say it can not happen here. if you don't think it will not just ask any ex-cock fighter in oklahoma. for over thirty years this group said it will never happen in oklahoma and in 2004 it became a felony to participate or even own a chicken if your intent was to fight it. people have since been prosecuted for owning these types of chickens. i think the best way to resist the animal rights groups is to stay politically active and support all who oppose them even if you do not share their beliefs you still have a common foe.

13. oh_darn

oh_darn New Member

State:
    Nixa, MO
    yeah, they are pretty powerful when they want something. but to me, theyre little more than eco-terrorists. their campaign against fur wound up with them throwing red paint on people wearing fur. and didnt something happen with greenpeace that involved something or another getting blown up?

14. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    these people pay postage on mail coming in because they think it contains contributions.if we all mailed them 5 big washers we could bankrupt them in 6 months.

15. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Now, that's an idea! Let's do it!:smile2:

16. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    I got an old washer sittin in the garage that would cost them a pretty penny :wink:

would also get it out of my hair!!

17. oh_darn

oh_darn New Member

State:
    Nixa, MO
    haha, i have a whole box full of huge washers. if i mail that, theyll bankrupt themselves, and with any luck, throw out their backs trying to move that sucker

18. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    As for the washers better yet what does every fisherman have?Everyone send in 4 5oz weights.
    If I am out on the river and they come my way I can aim a nice heavy weight their way and knock some sense into em.Or lauch a jar of stink bait on em.:smile2:

19. capt theory

capt theory New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    talking about fish or meat for food is one thing, but im going to have to stay out of the remainder of this topic. because i feel that if your fighting animals for your economic benefit or pleasure, your sick.
    if you make a choice for another living animal that results in the harm of that animal, it is wrong. if you cockfight or fight dogs or any other activity that is similar, you need to be put in a pit to fight to the death yourself. humans have such an inflated sense of self worth.
    i find the further rural you get the more ignorant your capable of being in regards to other beings perspectives.. say what you will but im done with this. im in no way a vegetarian, peta supporter, or animal rights activist, but useless harming of animals is sickening to me.

20. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thats it!!! After reading this i'm walkin out the door with my 270 and have intentions of shooting bambi's momma this mornin. Perhaps i could send them some summer sausage or jerky to correct their warped mind set?