peta

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by Scott Daw, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I work in customer service for a local cable provider. I just nearly bit my tongue off. The weather channel had a commercial for a hunting program (she didn’t which one). She was irate, wanted us to stop airing the commercial and make all hunting channels/programs a pay channel because she says that kids shouldn’t have to see people slaughtering animals on TV and if we didn’t she was going to sue us!!! I advised her that we do not control the content from the networks & she'd have to speak with them to voice her opinion. That there are parental controls on most TV’s and that if she needed additional parental controls, if she were to rent a converter she can set them up. Also it’s the parent’s responsibility to regulate what their children are watching. She then coped a bigger attitude and said she doesn’t appreciate seeing it either on TV. That she’s a vegetarian and animal rights activist.

I so wanted to go off and explain how man has eliminated deer’s natural predators in many areas and how hunting is absolutely vital in bringing back the balance which man has destroyed. How game is far healthier then farm raised beef. Not to mention that hunting is a family affair and a way of life. How hunting is far more humane then disease and natural predation is on game, watch animal planet sometime and its easy to see my arrow, my bullet is more efficient with less suffering then disease, starvation and the tooth & claws of a natural predator. Or how she shouldn’t use her TV as an electronic baby sitter.

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <I so wanted to go off and explain how man has eliminated deer’s natural predators in many areas and how hunting is absolutely vital in bringing back the balance which man has destroyed. How game is far healthier then farm raised beef. Not to mention that hunting is a family affair and a way of life. How hunting is far more humane then disease and natural predation is on game, watch animal planet sometime and its easy to see my arrow, my bullet is more efficient with less suffering then disease, starvation and the tooth & claws of a natural predator. Or how she shouldn’t use her TV as an electronic baby sitter.>

You SHOULD have told her EXACTLY that!!!!!
    Bill in SC

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Know you was working & public relations are tough ....you did good.... way better then me....shed be appuled at this home we skin em flopping then toss em in the fryer swimming "LETS EAT" ....:eek:oooh:have no problem shooting and eating either but we make sure the throat is slit real good befor playin with a critter of size....STUPID PEOPLE ...turn it off and dont pass yer crap on me I like to eat and eat well!:angry:

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Just another Vegetarian with Diahrea!!! A Salad Shooter! :smile2:

They will never see the normal way of life! rollo

5. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    yeah,you held your cool,hard to do.

if shes worried about her kids well being so much,maybe she should get off her lazy butt and take them outside to play innstead of letting them sit around watching tv all the time.

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Scott you did a great job of explaining and keepin your cool. However I also agree with hunted on this one. Parents need to stop taking the easy way out and interact with their children.

7. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    You handled it very well! Probably a lot better than I would have. I probably would have told her that I was an animal lover too. Why yes....I love cats and dogs and all kinds of wildlife................... they sure do taste GOOD!!!!!! Now go and hug a tree somewhere lady and get out of my face!!!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Should have told her to ban the grocery store because they sell meat. Then maybe she would starve to death and do us all a favor. :smile2:

9. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    i thought P.E.T.A stood for People Eating Tasty Animals???

10. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages

It does!! :wink:

11. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Reps on keeping your cool. I know I wouldn't have been suave or debonare :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

12. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Im waiting on hitting the power ball so when I go to work I wont have to mind what I say and just tell it as it is. Sometimes Im amazed at how some people havent gotten colon cancer from the smoke I have to blow up their bums. Im not lyin to anyone to sell anything (no reason to, we dont get commission) but I hate having to tip toe thru the tulips to be pc and making someone feel important when they're not.

13. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh

you trying to do a little george strait quoting,223?

14. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    The real problem is most of em have no freakin clue what theyre talkin about. Hunters are THE most charitable organization promoting wildlife and the environment, 99% of these PETA people just run their mouth and thats it.

15. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    well, while that twits feeds her little grey hued vegan children tofurkey this thanksgiving, my healthy kids will be eating deer steak and fried wild turkey! i have long quit trying to talk sense into these freaks, although i do send the weekly e-mails to peta, defenders of wildlife and others, along with photos of me and dead animals. i guess it would be great to see myself on a peta billboard, standing over a dead deer. redneck claim to fame! :smile2: good job, by the way scott, as many others stated- you handled it waaayyyy better than i would have. i would have had that ^%$#@ crying in a corner eating soy based chicken leg substitute straight from the frozen container, hahahaha! that would giver the kiddos something to look at!

16. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    tofurkey!!! yuck

17. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Peta is a bunch of dimwitted idiots that can't think for themselves. They are sheep that do not have a opinion for themselves, it must come from the others idiots at their headquarters:angry:

18. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well this is how i feel about it. she. just like the 100&#37; CPR guys here need to deal with the rest of the world and accept it for what it is. hell i rarly eat veggies. i like meat. and 50% of what i eat i killed. i dont care that she eats all veggies. i could say she it depleting the worlds oxygen by eating greens. but i dont. i dont care. let her live in her world. and would advise her and folks with that additude to stay out of my life.

ill be teaching both my kids how to run a line cast a pole and skin every animal worth eating and cook them. with the idiots running this world today i wouldnt be supprized to see folks needing to know those things in the future. not for fun or sport but survival.

if the astriod hit tomorrow and 60% of humanity was gone as well as all civilized life as we know it. WOULD SHE SURVIVE? without the additives and junk added to her slim fast meals and salads. i would put my best rifle on her dying of starvation in 3 months. while i would be eating game by my cabin.:wink: sorry for the rant. scott. you did well. thats why i DONT work in public relations.

wonder what shed think watching me butcher spotted lil rabbits a dozen at a time? lol. hey cows and piggies are cute too. but taste darn good over some apple and cherry wood.

19. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i agree with all youve said bout the peta people but my dam cable bill is 179.00 a month and that my friend makes me a very important person when it comes to paying you paycheck.

20. whodaman

whodaman New Member

State:
    Des Moines Iowa
    PETA stands for People Eating Tasty Animals