PETA on the attack

Discussion in 'LOCAL WISCONSIN TALK' started by MilwaukeeCatHunter, Mar 24, 2006.

1. MilwaukeeCatHunter

MilwaukeeCatHunter New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Did you hear that a month or two ago PETA tried to get the governor of Wisconsin to make musky fishing illegal? Thank goodness the gov did not do it. It's probably only a matter of time before PETA tries this in other states with other types of fishing. Anyone having similar issues in their area?

2. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    Any reason in particular that peta gave for wanting the ban of musky fishing?

3. MilwaukeeCatHunter

State:
    Wisconsin
    I think they said that Muskies and fish in general suffer greatly from fishing. (hooks, etc) Apparently, they quoted "scientific studies" to support their claims. I think they try to portray fishermen as people who get pleasure from hurting animals. I don't think they realize that we do a lot of conservation work and that our fishing license revenues support a lot of conservation projects. I found this info in the most recent issue of Badger Sportsmen Magazine.

4. MilwaukeeCatHunter

State:
    Wisconsin
    I think (not 100% sure) that PETA also has some type of anti-fishing program that they try to teach to kids in the schools, but I have not run into it in my neck of the woods. Also heard that they were trying in the past to get the Boy Scouts to get rid of the fishing merit badge. I don't understand PETA at all....there is no better way to keep kids out of trouble than getting them involved in some type of recreational activity. Why attack fishing?

5. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    I guess they moved on to animals when the trees got tired of gettin hugged.

6. MilwaukeeCatHunter

State:
    Wisconsin
    It would be interesting to see them try and hug a Kodiak Bear or a Russian Boar. I think they would get tired of that real quick. That's kinda what happened to that guy from California who got eaten by a bear in Alaska.

7. MilwaukeeCatHunter

State:
    Wisconsin
    He wasn't a member of PETA, but he was trying to live with the bears in Alaska to observe and protect them. He was camping in a remote area against the advice of wildlife officials and ended up getting attacked and eaten. Unfortunately, his girlfriend got eaten too. Maybe he had good intentions, but wasn't using a lot of common sense.

8. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    I like animals, but the good Lord made me a person, so I don't think I should try live with them.

9. MilwaukeeCatHunter

State:
    Wisconsin
    I like animals too....a good fish fry or steak makes me happy any day. It tastes even better if I was the one who caught the fish or shot the deer. What does Ted Nugent say...Kill 'em and grill 'em?

10. Jamey

Jamey New Member

State:
    Pegram, Tennessee
  11. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    OOOOOOOOOO boy dont even get me started on PETA!!! LOL they are always going to try crap like that, its just who they are. Obviously we all have our heads on straight and see that it is dumb, but they get on a rampage and get out of control. I better stop now!:)

12. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Whats a PETA anyway? Do they make good catfish bait?..LOL:p

13. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    We need our own propaganda, something like they do about the fish feeling pain and your daddy ripping a hook through your hand.
    It would go something like this:

1. Your at the dinner table and your starved from not eating. Then your tree huggin' momma walks into the kitchen and cooks up ________.
    A. grass (no because the grass grows just like you do)
    B. Corn (no because corn has stalks just like you have cloths, you don't want them to go naked do you?)
    C. Nothing (this is the correct answer)
    2. So now what happens, since you haven't eaten in a very long time cause momma and daddy love the PETA and feed them not you. This is what happens.... You slowly start diying. You get thursty but can't drink water because fish live there, then your stomach gets upset and you feel sick. Then you stop sweating and your body starts shuting down. Then you can't poop and you die.

Well, I'm just rattling along, so I'll stop.
    I can not stand the PETA folks, they are out of control and sportsmen need to figure out how to fight fire with flame throwers !!!!

14. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Sadly, the world is full of whack jobs and PETA is the club many of them join. Excuse me while I go flip my deer steak on the grill!!!;)

15. JimF

JimF New Member

State:
    IL
    I think I am a member of PETA.
    People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

16. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    peta,peta,peta,peta,peta, oouuuuuu, Put these people in jail for being stupid and since vegatables scream when cut or bitten don't feed them.

Why are people allowed to protest about something they know nothing about?

PETA, these people make me so mad, I mean they upset me.

Are we allowed to use them for bait ?

Danny

17. Dnedster

Dnedster New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    PETA dosn't realize the sportsmen support wildlife our game and fish populations have nevere been higher. We spend millions of dollars on tackle , license fees, and everything else we need to pruse our sport. Not to mention the money we spend on our trips in the local towns.
    Here in WI if the deer season was closed for 1 year the lost revenue would be devestating. Oh yea with those extra 400,000 deer running around alot of people would be smaking them on the roads. How humane.

The PETA folks should take a look at the good we do instead of being gung ho one their one point.

18. diodeman

diodeman New Member

State:
    Benton Co. Mo.
    A fully grown male T-Rex dinosaur weighing in at 14 tons would teach PETA a new outlook at the way they treat animals. They would probably want to pet it, I would greet it with my Barret rifle. Can you hear me PETA folks?
    diodeman

19. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Just makes you wonder about people. Wonder what they do @ Thanksgiving? Who would invite them?
    Bill

20. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Let them all starve or throw them to the sharks. God used fish to feed people, did they have to kill them first?????? If no animal had ever been killed on this planet, you wouldn't have room to walk, and all the fish would be about an inch long due to lack of food or room to swim. DUH, that is why God put them here is for us to use for food, so SCREW PETA. As all gun owners say, they will have to pry my fishing poles from my cold dead hands. Sorry all you hunters, I just had to borrow that little phrase.