PETA crap

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by carpfisherman11, Apr 12, 2006.

1. carpfisherman11

carpfisherman11 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i saw something the other day that really p***ed me off i saw a giant PETA bill board that had a picture of a hound dog with a fish hook in his lip. the billboard said
    "if you cant do this to a dog why do it to a fish?"
    that is bull crap it is completely different it is a scientific fact that fish have little or no feeling in their lips and if it wasnt for fisherman fish would die of overpopulation

there is record numbers of stray cats and dogs and people abuse and starve their pets everyday i think PETA should focas on real problems instead of spending all of their time and money on attacking sportsman

let me know your oppinions

2. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Those folks are wacko supremes bud, nothing they say or do makes any sense.

3. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i dont know about the feelings a fish has but i do know how to stop dogs from getting in my trash barrel.

4. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Yeah we had a couple of billboards like that in kansas city last summer.

5. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    PETA, logic seems to invade those people. There propaganda is so stupid its downright humerous. A guy in my dorm actually has there magazine cover saying"Your daddy kills helpless animals" then goes on to tell the kids to guard their pets. He has it becasue it is funny. There is a link to it on another thread. Also a great Penn and Teller piece linked to it. I love the gerver adds pointing out the reason for canine teeth. Fish eat fish, the food chain must be balanced. Man was appointed by God to have dominion over the animals and fish. Heck, Jesus told the disciples where to throw the net to catch fish, not to mention feeding people with fish. If Jesus supports fishing why shouldn't we. Peta folks are nuts, Chickenless chicken nuggets, give me a break. Its about time to enjoy dominion over some fishes.... now where is that rod.

6. carpfisherman11

carpfisherman11 New Member

State:
    ohio
    lol that is a great point i forgot to bring up jesus was a fisherman

7. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    They are nutcases for sure.They should try spending their money on something that actually does some good,I'm sure there is still some stray dogs and cats left they could adopt or donate their money to the humane society.

I can think of a few things I'd like to see them do but I'll save that for a more appropriate setting. :rolleyes:

8. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i bet if this thread dont die it will pack its bags and move to members world.

9. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    LOL!! I think you may be right about it moving Somewhere. ;)

10. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    The PETA people are total whack jobs! I swear when they release people from the looney bin the 1st place they go is to PETA headquarters and sign up for membership!

11. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    They don't have to leave to sign up any more, the looney bin is now PETA's Corporate Headquarters.

Here's that billboard.

12. suddawg

suddawg New Member

You've got to be kidding me. What a joke.

SudDawg

13. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I had a buddy in North Carolina whose boxer got into his tackle box full of bass lures and if that wasn't a sight! They just took her to the vet and he cut the barbs off and pulled the hooks out.

TA2D
    Aaron

14. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    PETA I got something they can pet. Oh great now you got me going again, wheres my rod,gun and dynamite I have some talking to do. LOL

15. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    For a minute I though you were talking about me as I belong to PETA (People Eating The Animals)……………..LOL

16. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    I wonder what all these no-life peta slobs could do if they would focus their energies into something worthwhile. These bedwetters could probably eliminate hunger in America with all the money that they blow on "saving the animals." Gimme a break, we have HUMAN BEINGS who are being mistreated and are starving in this country and they're so worried about kitties and fishies that they turn a blind eye.

On a funnier note, I had a friend at church who used to mail letters back and forth to them all the time. He would talk about having these "killing impulses" and wanting to go outside and wring his chickens' necks. He'd then go into great detail in describing how he killed a particular chicken, then cleaned it and cooked it for his family to eat. Everytime he mailed them a letter (in their own post-paid envelope) he'd fill the envelope with all kinds of washers and weights to make it as heavy as possible, and therefore as expensive as possible for them to receive. This guy is hysterical. He'd keep me in stitches with some of the letters that he'd write them, and then the responses that he'd receive from the wackos.

Jerrod

17. cardfan4life

cardfan4life Guest

I had a pitbull of mine get in my tackle box once. The time I had getting those treble hooks out of his lips was crazy! He couldnt even open up his jaws.

Back to the subject, PETA is so outrageous with there ideas. What would they do if they had to live off the land. EAT GRASS!!

18. Brushy Bill Roberts

Brushy Bill Roberts New Member

State:
    Spencer Indiana
    I have a T-Shirt that has PETA in very large letters and below it says "people for the eating of tasty animals" and has squirlles, deer, fish and many other tasty animals all over the shirt. I have had some people stop me and tell me how wrong it is. One lady was weraing a pair of leather hiking boots! I asked her if she ate the cow that gave up its skin for her boots. She said she bought them at a thrift store ( like it makes a difference ) I told her I save animals all the time, In my freezer! It hard to believe that these people believe the things they do. I think they grew up on the same street as the "gun control" fanatics.

19. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I believe these type of billboards are a direct target at children under the age of 10 years old whom may have never fished before. They are trying to reach the kids and give them nothing more than a warped perspective on fishing. Problem with this is it works for peta, thats why they spend the money. Kids riding by in cars are very observant and notice these fast reading signs. So peta is "teaching " the children of america in there own little sneaky way.

20. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    :cool: i wouldn't do it to my dog but a member of p.e.t.a.? thats a different story. lol.