Pet peeves

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Ol Man, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have more than one, but this one stands out the most, so far.:big_smile: Have you ever been searchin' the 'net and come across postage stamp sized image of something you're interested in and want to "zoom in" or "view a larger image" and when you click on it, the image opens in a full page frame with the same postage stamp sized image? The only thing larger is the frame.:angry:

2. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    I've got to agree with that, just fustrating.
    One of my pet peeves is when I'm fishing with some one with a bait clicker and doesn't shut it off when there fighting a fish or just reeling it in. Its just always been a natural thing to me.

3. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I cannot stand it when people leave there trash at the river,lake or wherever it may be. Jus plan lazy.

4. SouthGADan

SouthGADan New Member

State:
    Lyons, GA
    I like, hate it, like, when, like, people, like, talk like this, like, you know?

5. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    I agree with that. Just makes me crazy when I see people trash the bank that way.
    I have been know to insist they clean it up when I see them. Of coarse that can be kinda dangerouse If you get the wrong people.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    I'd agree with that for sure.

7. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Jet skis and boats coming by fast when you are anchored out fishing. Especially if you are close to the bank or in a cove.

8. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    People who get out of my boat and leave their trash for me to clean up. I keep trash bags onboard but they're too lazy to use them and they usually only make one trip with me.:eek:oooh::smile2::smile2: Stay safe and stick a pig!!!:wink:

9. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Or bank fishing and they come into the no wake zone wide open..then shut it down right in front of you like that helps the 3 foot wave that is right behind them....and the other ..people...that make multiple passes in front of and over your lines grrrrrrr

10. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Drivers useing there cell phones while driving! :angry:

11. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    while waving in that special way that says "You're number one"...at least I think that's what it means...everybody thinks I'm number one.

12. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS

my momma says "believe it and be it!" ..so there ya go buddy

13. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Trash at the lake for sure pi$$es me off . Just last week I was at the lake and someone must have desided the lake was closer then the trash can . There was bread bags cups bait containers cans and 2 lantern propane tanks all in the water in front of a picnic table . They had to have just threw it in and left cause must of it was floating . I had to dip net it all out of the water . The conservation department patrols out there and have an office , but I think they just drive around or sit on their butts in the office soaking up air . I sent them a complaint but have heard nothing .

14. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    I guess I have a few of them. LOL One is when someone is making a turn or trying to change lanes in front of you with not much room and they forget what that little lever on the left side of the steering column is for. Another thing is when I'm doing a bit over the speed limit, never more than 5MPH though. But I see someone pass me like I'm sitting still. I mean on the interstate doing 70 and they pass me like I'm not even moving. And they have their kids or even worse, grandkids in the car. Wonder what that's teaching them about following the laws. Just my opinion now, but those are 2 of mine.

15. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    another one..i hate other people at the lake that do not respect others peoples fishing agenda all together lol you should not be cast over at a public lake period, you should nto have to yell at swimmers to stay away from your hooks or whiz 9 oz's at them, you should not have to tell your kids that the lady downt he bank just doesnt realize she needs bigger clothes/tarp..i could go on all day

16. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Trash is by far one thing that really bothers me. At times you feel like you have to care enough and pick up the trash for everybody otherwise your fishing area might close.

Ray

17. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    Jet skiers...apparantly I'm not alone. This is a post from the Deep Creek Lake, MD fishing forum:

"I hear that there is a proposal working its way through the state legislature to open a limited bowfishing season for jet skiers at DCL. Seems they have overrun the place, are disturbing the lake ecology, and that the herd needs thinning. If passed, the experimental season will be limited to the hours of 10 a.m. to noon on weekends and major holidays only, with a limit of one (1) per day and one (1) in possession, and only those jet ski operators 21 years or older are eligible for harvest. Jetskier tags will be issued by lottery, and will be available at Bill's Outdoors, Deep Creek Hardware, and the Discovery Center. Bowfishers are encouraged to responsibly dispose of the bodies, with donations either to medical science and/or emergency transplant services being suggested. Do not leave the bodies along the shoreline, in other words. It is thought that once word gets out, the population of jet skiers will become self-limiting. As for technique, boating bowfishers are required to be at anchor (no active pursuit is allowed) and the best method appears to be emulation of a calm and quiet family fishing outing. Shoreline blinds may be used as well, but it shall be unlawful to construct a blind in such a manner that it may appear to be a lakefront bar (no neon beer signs, ladies night solicitations, etc), as this is thought to constitute an unfair advantage. It should be interesting to see how effective this proposal will be restoring a measure of peace and sanity to the lake area."

If only........

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  18. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    My #1 pet peeve is when people agree to meet or call you at a certain time. They fail to call or show up much later. My thought is if you agree to a time or meet do your best to keep that promise or contact the waiting person.

19. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Agree, only I phase it a little different..... "Drivers using a cell phone while trying to drive."
    I can usually pick them out in traffic, they drive like they are drunk.

And another of my hundred pet peeves... "People that are making a right turn and pull way over on the left like they are towing an imaginary 60 ft trailer.

20. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Like, totally! :smile2: