Pet Deer...

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by whisker maniac, Sep 5, 2009.

1. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Last year we had a surprise. Some one's pet doe starting coming into our yard to eat some of the fruits from the fruit trees that we have. We were afraid once hunting season started that someone would shoot her but.....

She's back...

Attached Files:

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Kevin you have made a friend. They remember and will keep returning. Enjoyed the pic. Thanks.

3. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

Now that is cool :big_smile:

4. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I've got deer everywhere ... I'd love to get one tamed like that... thats pretty cool!

5. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    She aint a shy thing! LOL!

6. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    thats really cool. Thanks for sharing. I couldnt have a pet deer all i see i walking jerky and steaks:big_smile:

7. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Start calling you the deer whisper'er, get you a TV show! :wink:

8. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Just hoping that deer can last through the season without been shot at. It's amzing how tame the animals can get. Reminds me of a time I had gone to a local Elk farm that someone I know owns. These Elk were very tame. Couldn't believe during feeding time, the Elk would come right up to you and allow you to pet them.

9. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas

Nah Andrew just think about it... when she goes in heat and will hang around your stand and not spook off... what could happen.:big_smile:

10. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    Ahh, a new form of baiting that isn't illegal yet. Wanna rent that doe out for a week?:wink:

11. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Thats cool Kevin, we bottle raised several over the years, Doe's are the nicest of them all, but those buck, whoaaaaa, look out. Once they earn thier set of antlers, even just a spike they like to play an it hurts :eek:oooh::smile2: That one has a collar, we used to put orange ones on them so maybe they wouldnt get shot. was funny we had one in the house as fawn bottle feeding and it kept eyein my buck hangin on the wall. Thats gotta be an eerie feeling:eek:oooh:

12. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Enjoyed the pic. Thanks

13. gamaCatsu

gamaCatsu New Member

State:
    NC
    aslong as you keep her fed well, you wont have to worry about anybody shooting her, when they start to look for food and water and feel the need to cover land in search of one or the other, thats when she will end up roast or jerky. thanks for sharking the pic.

14. big pappa

big pappa New Member

State:
    perry, Ark
    whats her name!!!!

15. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas

We call her "Honey" don't know what her owners actually call her.

16. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    I was working in a house several years ago. It was in a rough in stage and I was pulling wires. While I was bent over and working something came up behind me and sort of shoved me over. Startled I jumped up and spun around. It was a spike buck that wandered in an open door. he was in a playful mood and began playing with me by bumping me with his head. I finally had to push him out the door because he wouldn't leave me alone. The owners had raised him and he had the run of their property. I have a picture of him somewhere. I hope he is still around.

17. Eddie Mullins

Eddie Mullins New Member

State:
    AR
    Thats pretty cool. With the hunting pressure around here I don't just that collar would help much. I think I'd have to get some of that spray stuff for hair and paint her orange :smile2: .

18. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Keven I had my doughts that you where ken to my wife but now after seeing those picture I think you are her brother LOL.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

19. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Is that thing scared of you at all? Like if you move too fast she runs away? Or is she that use to people that pretty much nothing scares her? that is pretty cool. I don't think i could shoot a pet deer.

20. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    I like the way you think:wink: Cool pic. I raised one that was orphaned and boy are they fun little guys to have around. Good luck to her this fall.