Pet Catfish

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by WhiteRiverLilCats, Feb 19, 2007.

1. WhiteRiverLilCats

WhiteRiverLilCats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Here are some pics of the catfish that WhiteRiverBigCats caught last fall in the (small) lake by our apartments. We have named him Charlie.

Attached Files:

2. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    You know hes mine right? Aint that one of those sinker that JW taught you to make... lol.... Is it spring yet? This year you are going to learn to use a Baitcaster...

3. WhiteRiverLilCats

State:
    Indiana
    Yes, as a matter of fact, that is a sinker that JW taught me to make. That had to be the best "vaction" we ever took. You do know that if you teach me to use a baitcaster, that means you have to buy me one. And by the way, you own me a new rod, since my other one got broke. HEEHEE!!!!:cool2:

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    How ya keepin Charlie alive? Whats ya feedin him(or her)?It's cool that you've been able to keep him in that aquarium!:big_smile:

5. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Pellet and flakes right?.. when i first caught him he was no longer then a quarter....

6. WhiteRiverLilCats

State:
    Indiana
    Yes, shrimp pellets and flakes. I just bought him a bigger tank this weekend and he seems to like it better. If he keeps growing as fast as he is, he will need a bigger tank in the next couple months. Here's a pic of Charlie when we caught him. Charlie's the bigger of the two. The smaller cat, didn't make it.:sad2:

7. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thats pretty cool,ya all did a fine job at keepin him alive. Don't reckon i've seen any catfish been kept alive in private captivity! Always in the big aquarium places like Bass Pro and places like that. Yes! Ya all have done a fine job!:big_smile:

8. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    yep thats them bout two weeks after i caught them

9. WhiteRiverLilCats

State:
    Indiana
    Thank you very much!!! I will keep you all updated on his progress.

10. huntsfromtree

huntsfromtree New Member

State:
    KC Northland
    sweet, catfish make some good pets way better than the felideas (house cats). My roommate has a flathead (named flatty) which loves creek chubs, green sunfish and goldfish, and a bullhead (whiskey) which will eat anything, flakes, feeders, ciclid food. Flatty was raises since he was 3 inches and now is about 2lbs. Whiskey was 1.5" when he got him and is now 12 inches. Both live in a 135 gallon tank and are awsome to watch.

11. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    sweet....i've tried to keep channels a few times they just die on my so i gave up i know it isnt cause my tank is to small i have a 120g tank with nothing in it now...lol....nice looking polar bear g.s. you got there my sister has one that thing hates me....lol....i guess thats y i stuck with pitbulls!!

12. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    id love to have a flathead to raise but id have to ban my brother from comin over he would be fishin in my tank :lol:

13. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I had one 'till about a month ago, and it died. Had it for about 4 years. They are cool fish to have in a tank.

14. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    I have 5 channels and 1 bullhead in my tank here in my office. I can sit and watch them for hours.

15. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    thats pretty kool to keep cats in a tank like that i have had small one from the stores you better keep jw an dh away from there thats better then a pay lake for them or you wont have any fish left thanks for sharing the pics

Bill

16. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Shane and Leiza, I hope you are both doing well. Just wanted to say hello and hope I get to fish with you guys at the next National gathering.

Jaime

17. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Look forward to it jamie