Perspective: I double-dog dare you to be enlightened.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by sal_jr, Jan 9, 2007.

1. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    go here

Please read the linked page top to bottom. Trust me you will be happy that you did. The top part is a bit technical but it has a purpose.

This is one of those pages where you read it and cannot help thinking about it for a few days after. I saw this a couple of days ago and though I tried to put it out of my mind, I was constantly drawn by the image and the perspective given by the late Carl Sagan.

It is simply a picture of the earth... but one you have likely never seen before.

Following the picture is probably the most profound of all of the quotes I have ever read of Sagan's. The man was vastly more educated than I will ever be and that brillinace lit me right up. I hope you see the same lesson in this single page of the internet that I have.

Enjoy it Brothers and Sisters. :cool2:

-Sal

Bonus Question:
    After seeing this picture and reading, what do you think God's view of Earth looks like? It is a compelling thought, isnt it?

2. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Kinda puts things in a whole new light. Thanks

3. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thank you.

And to Mr. Sagan: Bravo.

So... is he saying there's no Horton out there to hear all of us whos?

4. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    It has left me pretty much speechless!! My first thought was how fragile earth looks from that perspective.

5. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    that right there is amazing. imagine what earth would be if we left the galaxy. thanks for sharing

6. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    And he even mentioned me! Well, not by name, but by inference.

"Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the universe"

Thanks Sal, I have come to expect nothing less of you than articles such as this one.