Personalized License Plates...Anybody Have an Outdoor Theme?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catcaller, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    How many of 'yall have outdoor oriented personalized plates on your vehicles?

My Ford Ranger 4x4 has Kansas plates that reads..."Rivrrat". My wife got them for me as a suprise gift...both the truck and the plates. (Which of course I have to pay for myself...lol...Pretty crafty gift giving if you ask me!)

Everybody that truly knows me says those plates suit me to a "T"....although some of the old timers down at the dam aren't impressed...lol.

Got a catchy set? Show off your plates!!

Attached Files:

2. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    That's a cool plate you got. I never thought about giving something like that as a gift. :cool2:

I take what ever plate Texas gives me. then I Personalized it as I drive. Right now it has several colors of bug juice. Spot of bird feather and guts, with a touch of mud. That is on front plate. back plate had a couple dent spots from trailer hook ups. Every 5 years we get new plates. This year was my turn. One trip to lake , driving over dam should put my personnel touch on new plate. Lots of different colored bug juice from lake.:roll_eyes: :big_smile:
    -----------------------------------------------------

Just thought I would give ya a heads up in case your state has same laws as Texas. It might save ya from a ticket.
    I notice you have a frame around plate that covers the State name.
    In Texas, they started a new law. If any part of the state letters is covered, it's ticket time. I heard it was around 100 bucks. After 14 years of frame around plate on my truck and 7 on wifes, My wife was pulled over for that reason, they gave her a warning ticket but they really checked her out. Could still read the word Texas. The frame barely cover the top part of letters. Even if you couldn't read the word Texas, our plates are easy to tell, its from Texas. . I took frame off both our trucks. Also if mud etc covers any part of plate, they will pull a person over.
    Personally I think its because of the new red light video ticket cameras they are installing all over Texas and to ramdon check drivers out.

Which reminds me, I may need to clean my plates.:eek:oooh:

3. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Brian, here in Iowa you can buy a plate for a few extra bucks that is considered a "wildlife appreciation" plate. Indicating you are an environmentalist, ya right. I think they use the extra money to party on. Nancy bought them for years and we finally gave up on them.

I usually don't like anything to bring attention to me, life is tough enough as it is. They won't let me really personalize my plates like I would like so I will forgo any personalized plates at this time.

Dano, anything to give cops or supposed people in authority the right to filter you 'eh.

4. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I had mentioned to my wife that I wanted to get the tiger wildlife plate for the car but didnt mention to her that I also wanted my last name & birth year on it. So she goes and orders it with out telling me and hands me this package saying happy early bday present. It was a tiger plate but not personalized.

5. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Dano, as a former cop from Texas, I must correct you on one tiny detail. The dirty plates, is only illegal during nighttime hours. Perfectly legal during the normal daylight hours. Hey, don't ask me why, I just enforced the laws, I didn't make them and that is the way it was written back in my day there.

Oh, almost forgot. I have conservation plates, tan background, with a deer head picture. Also, they are personalized with, you guessed it, "KUTTER".

6. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Brian, cool plate!

Arkansas also has some real nice conservation plates here. They're $35 for a year but so far I've never purchase one.

All I have is a plate frame. :smile2:

And Dano, I think mine would be legal in TX. I often see em here that cover the state and even part of the numbers.

Attached Files:

7. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    if i did i would pry be somethin like

"COONDOG" or "WLKRDOG".. something to do with coonhunting

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    My wife and I both have Ham Radio Plates. kb9jnr and kb9jcy.

9. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Mine arnt custom but I have Lake pyramid plates here in Nevada. Helps out the Indian tribe in that area.