Personal request

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by Blind In Texas, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Blind In Texas

Blind In Texas New Member

State:
    Houston, T-E-X-A-S
    Since many of us are likely to haunt our favorite forums exclusively, I am posting this in all the fishing forums.

I have read in several places where some anglers will injure garfish by breaking the jaws or throwing them onto the bank. I believe this act, regardless of which type of fish it is purported upon, is cruel and unnecessary.

We all have our preferances of targeted fish. The killing and mutilation of fish, which we deem unfit, not only reduces potential food sources for our target fish but, reduces the numbers of certain fish targeted by other anglers.

I personally couldn't care less about largemouth bass or any other kind of bass, crappie, walleye, bowfish, gaspergoo, mooneye, grass carp, common carp, bullhead, asian carp, smallmouth buffalo, black buffalo, mullet or any other kind fish I don't like to eat. However, unless the state deems that they are toxic or invasive, they go back into the water or are cut up for bait as the law allows.

We ARE the stewards of our invironment. To those that destroy animals for the sake of satisfying your own preferance, I would hope you will have a change of heart and be considerate of other animals and other anglers. You are not GOD and I hope that the judgement you pass will benefit animals and people alike.

End of rant.

2. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    A bunch of floating dead fish with broken jaws makes all fishermen look bad, wether you were the one doing it or not. Believe it or not, there are people out there that want to make fishing of all kinds illegal, PETA being one of them. We should always think before we act. There are people who do not fish, and dont care if other people do, but if they start seeing a bunch of floating dead fish, they may change their minds on fishing.

Around here some people breast geese out and then throw the carcass on the side of the road.....makes all hunters look bad when its only a few who are doing it. If they're dumping carcasses, the least they could do is put them in the woods where the general public wont see them.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I agree,If I'm not eating it,using it for bait,or using the non target fish in some way,they ALL go back in the water unharmed. I do occasionally target carp for dogfood and garden fertilizer.

4. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    I agree, we are all God's children, incuding the gar or what ever fish, they are here for a reason.
    If you arn't going to eat it, let it go , It just gives the anti bunch one more thing to gripe about

5. Blind In Texas

Blind In Texas New Member

State:
    Houston, T-E-X-A-S
    Many thanks Richard. Since dogs can't hold a rod someone needs to do it for them ;) I know mine appreciate it. They are always present with wagging tales and ready for scraps at skinning time!!