Personal Best Catfish

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by TeamCatHazzard, Feb 18, 2006.

1. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Im sure this has been asked before but I was just curious to see what everyones personal best catfish is. Mine is my avitar a 55lb that I caught last summer on the Mississippi and a big ole skipjack head. I was just curious to hear what everyone else has caught and pics are even better.

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Mine is the 29 pounder in my avatar. It is a Blue from Lake Wateree in SC, a lake where I landed a 22 1/2 pounder on Friday!! My others are 14 from Mountain Island in NC, and a twelve from Lake Wylie in NC.

3. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    My personal best (this is kind of pathetic, doesnt show any skill at all lol) is a 17 pound flathead that I caught at a friend's farm pond this last spring. It isnt a bad fish, and it fought harder than anything else I have ever had on the line, but it was in a pond that was only an acre large, so doesnt show much stalking ability, huh ;)

4. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    Mines just a 15lb channel and a 14.5lb blue. I'm going to break 40lbs this year though I can feel it:)

5. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    7lb channel. But more to come this summer!!!

6. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    My best is a 43lb Blue cat, which is NOT the one in my avatar picture. The one in my Avatar picture is 28lb Blue.

Zakk.:)

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
  8. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    Blue: 6lbs (i know when they get to 100+lbs its kind of pathetic and also i have the potomac 20 min away... this year i'm working with a few of the MD guys who have Potomac worthy boats and fish it a bunch and im gonna atleast get it up to 20, if not more)

Channel: 13+lbs on 12lb test( scale only went to 13 so can't give an exact but from my guestimate it was around 15-18# or so)
    -8lb on 4lb test (looking to eventually break the world line class record, just saving up enough for a boat and the trip to the Red River... WR is somewhere around 30 or 33 lbs for 4lb test... it will fall eventually:))

Flat: 0... (haven't caught one but looking to head to a few flattie lakes this spring and summer w/ a friend to see if i can't catch 1 or 2 decent ones?)

Bullhead: 2 lb yellow bullhead is the largest i remember...

White cat: 2 lb - same day/night i caught my PB channel

Always on the hunt for larger

9. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Not bad cats, yea some peoples home waters dont produce huge fish so they dont have a chance to get the big ones. I just like catchin em but the bigger the better!

10. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
  11. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Check this out. There is a place in your profile to list that very same info ya are askin about. I'll go to the member list every now and then and just check folks out for the info. That profile section is a highly informative and under utilized tool.

12. Dixie

Dixie New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Rob it would have to be the 22 lb blue I caught with you! Last summer when we were out below Alton.

13. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    13lb 5oz flat: 11lb 3oz blue: 10lb 2oz channel

14. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Man, I can't seem to get above 30#, but it ain't from lack of effort. I got a blue recently that was a good 30+ but released it, and didn't even get a photo, but I know I'm gonna get the big one this year.

15. SangamonCatKiller

SangamonCatKiller New Member

State:
    central illinois
  16. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    37# Blue caught on the Mississippi River. Big Cat rod, Cabo reel,Spiderwire, Kahle hook and a big skipjack fillet.

17. The J-Man!

The J-Man! New Member

State:
    St.Paul, MN
    40 lb flat in my avatar. Kind of a fuzzy picture I know. I caught it last fall on a 10 inch live sucker. It came out of a river in SW Minnesota. It was sooooo much fun to catch!

18. hopnbrly

hopnbrly New Member

State:
    California
    40-45 pound flathead based on the scale used.Since then nothing over 10 lbs here.

19. jerrydean

jerrydean New Member

State:
    arkansas
    77lb Flathead
    44lb Blue

Both on trotlines

20. flathead_ky

flathead_ky New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    32 lb,16lb, and 14lb Flatheads are my best, but I would like to change it all this year!