Personal Best Catfish

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by mikeskywalker, Apr 25, 2006.

1. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    OK im done messing around with these damn catfish i will beat my personal best catfish this year which isn't going to take much but it will be done.............................................:mad: :mad: :mad: :cool: :confused:

2. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    What is your personal best catfish?

3. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    No really you don't want to know

4. tanner

tanner New Member

State:
    Somerset, Kentucky
    no really...we do.

5. wpsatisfide

wpsatisfide New Member

State:
    Pawleys Island, SC
    If it makes you feel any better, my girlfriends best cat so far this year was almost a pound. Course she only went twice.

Dont worry about the size or how much you catch, just enjoy it. The more expereience you get from being out there the more and larger fish you will catch. Reading information from this site will also help you immensely.

My personal best is only 35lbs which is just a baby compared to some of these guys. Im still having fun and that is all that counts

6. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    ONLY 35 LBS. id die if i caught one that big my best is 7 go ahead i hear you all laughing now

7. gofish

gofish New Member

State:
    Greenville MS
    Just keep fishing Brother! It'll happen for you! Don't lose the faith. It sounds like you're mad enough at 'em..:p Fish every chance you get and you will be rewarded.

8. cathunter28

cathunter28 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    60lbs below adel dam

9. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    man i fished in the campgrounds all the time 2 years ago and only caught 1 decent cat everyone else running lines where killing them i might go up there this weekend how high is the water ? bad experience with high water and wont go up if it's to bad

10. back channel

back channel Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    My pb is 15 lbs. You just have to keep going after them to get one thats bigger.

11. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Well time, presentation, and timing will solve all your woes. I take whatever is attached to my line as a gift. Although I would really like a huge gift just once. lol

12. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    The best thing you can do to beat your personal best is to absorb as much of this site as you can. There are literally thousands of tips and techniques on here that you can use to your advantage. When I joined this site around last july my personal best was a 7lb channel and a 10lb flat. Now my personal best is 56lb blue, 42lb flattie and a 19lb channel. It takes a little time, and a lot of fishing but when you get it down you will catch tons of big fish. I would say since october my average fish is well over 20lbs, sounds hard to believe but it is. Good luck out there, you will get it down, we all do eventually.

13. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Please dont give up on catfishing, try again to until u get the big one.

14. cathunter28

cathunter28 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    the 60lbs flatt was taken below the dam on the north side of the dam where the the sandy bank used to be before they filled it in and cut the fish action by 50%. but did see a 63 last year that was taken on a throw line.

15. cathunter28

cathunter28 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    the water isent to bad right now but if it keeps raining hard to tell but not all the big fish are above the dam 50lbs was taken on the south side last year. and they catch alot because they throw way more throw line out than they should. iknow of one guy that has more than 70 in the water some lines are under the water and he has them marked some way. that may be why his boat went over the dam a few years ago:lol:

16. kill3r843

kill3r843 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    mine would be 12 pounds

17. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I know what you mean about some of these guys and their big fish. I wish I could see some of these fish in person. The river I fish up here in the mountains has an average depth of only 2'7" so we don't get all those monsters. My best is only 29&1/2 pounds. One of these days, I'm going down to Santee Cooper and see what I can do. I've seen some huge ones SCUBA diving.....just haven't caught them ...yet!