perry

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by cat lineman, Jul 7, 2009.

1. cat lineman

cat lineman New Member

State:
    kansas
    Has anyone fished the hog trouph over at perry lake lateyl

2. KAW RIVER KILLER

KAW RIVER KILLER New Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    What is this "hog trouph" you speak of?

3. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas

I have heard some rumors of this place...whats it all about?

4. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    is it on the ozakie arm or rock creek arm ?? Chris was fishin the rock creek arm by where he was told where the hog trough was and didnt do bad. 2 or 3 over 10, 1 was 15.

5. cat lineman

cat lineman New Member

State:
    kansas
    It's where they bait the catfish at perry just right of the boat ramp, usually a few boats on it in the mornings, usually can catch a limit of eaters

6. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Just a bean hole where guys have dumped feed, beans, and other sorts of chum for years. Guys keep addin chum to it, and it keeps the cats coming back. Ive heard a few big ones come off it from time to time, but dont expect to catch anything over ten lbs. Alot of eaters in there.

7. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    what ramp ?? ive always heard it was in a spot you could only get to by boat. there are so many rumors bout where it is its unbelievable. i have only fished perry 2-3 times so i have no clue where it is.

8. cat lineman

cat lineman New Member

State:
    kansas
    Not sure the name of the ramp it's in the main park if you come north off 24 highway and turn at the first exit coming from topeka, you can see the area from the ramp but would have to be in a boat to fish the area itself but you can see camp ground around ya

9. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Tom Dewitt can tell you all about it. He started it back in the '40s. :smile2::smile2::smile2:

10. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    i think that may be a bit funnier than the Jim is old jokes !! :smile2::smile2:

11. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Toms always givin me a hard time about my eating skills, I figured Id give him a little back. :smile2:

12. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    this KS group is great i tell ya !! :smile2::smile2:

13. Tuttlecat

Tuttlecat Active Member

State:
    Wamego, Kansas,
    There are numerous popular spots for chumming at Perry.

I used to go out there in the 80's and 90's to watch the Charlie Bisnette show.

Until I got to know him, and fish within feet of him, I had no idea what an art he has made from catching bean fed catfish. There are times when he would use a 1/32 oz split shot with his cheese bait to pull on occasion 20 pound channels from 27-30 ft of water.

I have not fished there for 10 years, but did pull a few 15 plus pounders from there over the years. It has really become a rat race to fish the Rock Creek hole I hear.

14. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Your right they do pull some nice fish out of there until they fish it out.

But yes the main one is right out from the state park.
    Now they have started a new one over buy devils gap.

You will see the boats there everyday.Looks like a frikin retirement center out there.Everyone tries to beat the next guy so they are the 1st ones back to the cleaning station with their limit.:big_smile::crazy:

Best chum hole is the one you start yourself:wink:

Keith I'm not that old!!!!!!:tounge_out::big_smile:

15. coyotechromez

coyotechromez New Member

State:
    KS
    There is also a cove in the state park called catfish alley near the through, that is excellent after a rain.

16. JCONWAY

JCONWAY New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I don't like fishing the chum holes, it's just not that fun for me. But I have been catching alot of nice ones on the main lake in 19-25ft of water. Went out Monday for about an hour after work and had five. Biggest one went 15.5 lbs.

17. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS

Where you been jeremy?

18. JCONWAY

JCONWAY New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Busy busy! Just got done rebuilding and customizing my (new to me) Lund. Now I hope to spend alot more time on the water. Maybe hit a couple tournaments before summers over.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  19. Gamblen

Gamblen New Member

State:
    Kansas City, KS
    In Rock Creek there now is a 31" grass carp with a big silver hook and 1/2 oz. sinker in it, the hook and sinker are mine, I don't know who the carp belongs to. If you are going to cross Perry at 6:30 a.m. (12' Jon) after fishing all nite to go the the Corp. Marina, well, they don't open till 9:00 a.m.. The Corp. Marina is out of night crawlers (Thursday morning). They got night crawlers at Rock Creek Marina. At Rock Creek park next to the Boat Ramp there is a feeder. I always wondered where the Hog Troughs and Cat Fish alley was, found them in the State Park. Save a fish, hook a duck.

20. Gamblen

Gamblen New Member

State:
    Kansas City, KS
    Save a fish, hook a duck.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009