Perry

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by nkccatman, Jun 27, 2009.

1. nkccatman

nkccatman New Member

State:
    mo
    Going to be at perry all week,anybody been doing any good there.Gonna be camping at old town area.Thanks for any info:big_smile:

2. cat lineman

cat lineman New Member

State:
    kansas
    Has any one been hitting the hog trough at perry just wondering if any one was doing any good there yet

3. cat lineman

cat lineman New Member

State:
    kansas
    I fished the hog trough this morning and a bunch of the boats were catching between 3-7 pond fish and we couldn't catch !*#$ anyone have any suggestions

4. Gamblen

Gamblen New Member

State:
    Kansas City, KS
    A typical night for Ron and John on the Delaware River when it’s hot (80 degree) and extremely muddy (Nebraska rain), July 17, 2009. Caught 8 Carp also. Saw a big beaver eating supper in the Oxbow, big fish scared him and I swear that Beaver walked on water to get away.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
  5. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    I was at Perry yesterday as well. Let me tell you what I saw coming from the hog trough. I went to the cleaning station around 11:00 am to clean the 4 5# channels that I caught and was upset at what I saw. I dont have a problem with cleaning some fish but them beaners are out of control. There was a line at the fish cleaning station about 6 deep and they all had their limit of 10 person. Most of the fish were 7-10#. There was a pile of cleaned fish on the table on top of what people still had left to clean. They all talked like this was a normal thing. I know Ive seen people over there on weekdays as well. Im not going to sit here and push CPR on people but $**T They are taking way to many fish out of that lake. Beaning is almost cheating and I feel it should be out-lawed or at least better monitored. I can understand older guys that cant through a net. But some of these guys were around my age and there is always dipbait. Im not tring to offend anyone just tring to let people see whats going on. Just my 2 cents on BEANING.

6. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    CJ what is beaning ,that's not one i've heard of :confused2:

7. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    About 20 boats gets in an area of about 50 yards and chums with old soy beans. Then the put a bean on a small hook and caught fish one after the other.

8. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    wow, for a second when you said "beaners," i didnt think you were talkin bout people usin beans as bait. i never even heard of "beanin" till i read that.

9. Tuttlecat

Tuttlecat Active Member

State:
    Wamego, Kansas,
    Been like that over 20 years down there.

10. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    At the rate I saw yesterday it wont last much longer.:sad2:

11. Tuttlecat

Tuttlecat Active Member

State:
    Wamego, Kansas,
    In the mid to late 90's, I would see 40-50 boats out there.....EVERY boat taking there limit.

It was alarming to say the least. Everyone, myself included, thought the fishing would decline.

I am not positive, but the last I read, KDWP netting results are not reflecting this(for what they are worth:wink:)
    Apparently, if they don't get filleted, them beans make 'em grow fast!

12. Gamblen

Gamblen New Member

State:
    Kansas City, KS
    Hummm. Chumming or beaning is legal in Kansas. I use night crawlers. I do know for a fact that in certain places on the Delaware you do have cell phone coverage and on Friday afternoon's after 6:00 p.m. when you call Operation Game Thief, 1-877-426-3843 you get to talk to a live and friendly human being.

13. Tuttlecat

Tuttlecat Active Member

State:
    Wamego, Kansas,
    :confused2::confused2::confused2:

14. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Yes this has been going on for a long,long time.I have nothing against it but i just wish they didn't keep everything they catch.They do the same thing at Clinton.

Yes it is legal..

But let me say this.I was in a tourment a few yrs back at Milford.After the fish were weigh and took down to the lake the fish were released only to swim out and sink to the bottom and roll over.I went out and got most of them to swim off but there were some that wouldn't make it.

These fish were banged around for 8 hrs and yes in a very large live wells...

So are we sure all these fish that are caught in tourments and released swim off????

So where does it stop??

15. Tuttlecat

Tuttlecat Active Member

State:
    Wamego, Kansas,
    You know Tom, I was reading the 2002 Catfish Insider Magazine the other night and it said exactly that.

73% of the fish in that Tourney (Milford Reservoir July2001) were dead within 2 weeks. More, if not all were suspected to die per KSU biologists.

If I am keeping fish in July/Aug (rarely do now) they go right on ice, if not, they go right back in the water.

16. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    So the point is there's a reason for not having tournaments in hot weather?

17. Gamblen

Gamblen New Member

State:
    Kansas City, KS
    Hummmm. I'm a old man. I'm round everywhere.

18. Tuttlecat

Tuttlecat Active Member

State:
    Wamego, Kansas,
    :confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2:

19. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    Naw, Josh, the point is that we need to find better ways to hold catfish
    and release them after tournaments. We want them to recover and thrive
    after release. That may take a lot of thinking and experimenting with
    tanks, oxygen levels, temperatures and various additives in the water to
    help them out. If that doesn't work, we may just have to get pictures,
    measurements and release them after five minutes in the boat instead.

20. Gamblen

Gamblen New Member

State:
    Kansas City, KS
    In most Trout Tournament, there is a judge next to each fisherman that weigh's and measure the fish, then the fish is released immediately.