Perry report

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by n2fishn, Sep 13, 2008.

1. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Went to my dock at Perry today due to the rain and had some good luck.

Caught 14 channel's biggest was 13.3lbs & 7.5lbs had one that broke me off.
    Cpr all

All on secret-7

Attached Files:

2. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    im going there to fish with ya soon those are some good fish :wink:

3. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Please look at the fish and not me..:smile2:

To early in the morning and i need to shave.Trying to grow some wiskers for the winter.:wink:

Gus your welcome anytime.

4. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Nice lookin! The channels not you!:smile2:
    You always seem to hit them good Tom. Might have to make a trip up to fill my freezer for the winter.

Good work Buddy!

5. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Thanks Kyle...Thought I would throw my two cents out before i got bashed for looking like crap:embarassed:.

I dont know how them D _ _ _ BASS guys alwas look so good in their pictures:smile2:..Must be their shirts:cool2:..

6. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    If it is the shirts I will stay lookin like crap. Those shirts are lame.:smile2: Sad that its workin its way into the catfishin world.

7. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Yep, would have to be tee-shirts or nothing...

Although them tri-colored shirts look pretty sharp...I think I would look good in one of them:cool2::smile2:

8. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    tom, i had a buddy up there today around ozawkie and ended up with a 12 and a 15.he said the current was so bad it was unfishable,but he fished the break lines and had action all day.sounded like everyone else was catching em also.

9. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Thanks for the report Tom.

10. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Nice fish Tom ! :cool2:

11. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    Nice fish, Tom. Aint overalls the expected garb for the discerning catfisherman? Tee shirt and jeans sorta second favorite long as
    the tee shirt used to be sort of white but now is a brownish green?
    Rubber lot boots as excessories. Ball cap required, preferably sunbleached.

12. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Michael i think you been looking in my closet:smile2:

13. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Nice Fish Tom Thanks For The Report And For The Pics:smile2:

14. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    I fished the Delaware a couple of miles above Perry Friday evening in the rain. The river was really on the rise. Fish were bitting pretty good but I decided that with all the logs and trash coming down stream I really did not want to be on the water in a 9' Kayak when it got dark.
    I wanted to stay late but got off the water before dark. Did catch 7 fish the biggest about 7 lbs. Had a Gar jump in the boat with me and scare the begebbers out of me. I guess I hit it with the paddle without knowing it and he jumped right in and whacked me a couple of time and slid out. this was right at dark and I was a little jumpy from dodging logs. Sure got the ol heart pumping. We need this rain to get the fish moving I think.

15. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    Sounds like an interesting evening Alan. Atleast you still managed to get quite a few. My rivers are runnin full speed.
    Nice to see ya postin again.

16. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Alan that gar would of made me flip the boat for sure.

Thanks For the report

17. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    Thanks Kyle. I have been around just have not had much to say. This job hunting really sucks. Sorry I did not make it to the last get together. That weekend turned out to be my middle daughters birthday.

Yes it was an interesting evening. Just glad that gar decided to get out of the Kayak when he did because one of us was going over the side...just glad it turned out to be him...:crazy: Not sure I could have done it as graceful as JJ from what I saw of the pictures.

18. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Nice catch Tom. Paying them back for not biting at Tuttle. Way to go!

19. Johnboy1975

Johnboy1975 Member

State:
    Muscotah Kansas
    thanks for the reports guys I was thinking about going down to Perry tonight. Any good spots from the bank anyone can mention?? Thinking about trying the delaware around Valley Falls area if there are some spots a guy can walk to? Really thinking hard and talking to the wife about getting a boat. I have a 14 ft v bottom but the motor I got my cousin has and he said its not running right. I would hate to put a bunch money into it when its just as easy to get a new setup that the whole family could enjoy.. lol

20. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    John not sure where you are located but if you know Perry the valley falls area can be good.Turn right past the convenince store to the west then back north on the black top.Takes you to the river you can pull in right there and the fishing can be good at time around the bridge.

The old town area in the upper end off 92 hwy can be good this time of yr.
    You can drive in on the west side of the bridge south side down on the old hwy and fish the flats.Or you can cross the bridge to the east side and fish the channel under the bridge.

Also the rock creek area is good.You will need a state park sticker in that area.You can drive right down to the ramp and fish there.Try the cove right by the ramp i have caught some nice cats in there this yr by boat and bank.