Perry on the rise

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by n2fishn, May 23, 2008.

1. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    I heard that Perry lake is going to come up around 5-7'.

They are not letting campers camp on the lower part of the camp grounds.

The Delaware was coming up fast and also rock creek.There was anywhere from 2-7" of rain that fell north of the lake.

Will make a bunch of new ground for them cats to be on.

I plan to go tomorrow up into rock creek to see what things look like.

2. Catfish Quiver

Catfish Quiver Member

State:
    Ks, w, edg
    The USGS had the Delaware at Muscotah running 20,000cfs Thur (above flood stage) and back down to 2700cfs this morning,(normal is 20cfs). Should make for some good catching this weekend, good luck.

3. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    JJ and I fished there last night with out a bite. We tried fresh bluegill, frozen shad and some live bait but nothing worked.:confused2:

4. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    cj,just talked to scott.they had a 4,10,and a 25-30 lb. flat.within 10 min of fishin the river they caught a 15lb channel.

5. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    well i'd like to know what them fish had against us then !! :angry:

6. krazyCat

krazyCat New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Fished Perry this morning over by Rock Creek Marina, caught one small flathead about pound and a a half and two channels under two pounds. Had plenty of bites untill it started raining then it shut off. Went back to same spot tonight and did not even get a single bite.:angry: Was using shrimp soaked in dead red, night crawlers and chicken livers for bait.
    JJ this is Shawn from the greenhouse, I need to go fishing with ya, so you can show me how to catch the big ones.

7. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    need to fish with me ?? :eek:oooh: yer the one catchin i aint !! i need to go with you !!

8. lbz19

lbz19 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I was at Perry Friday and caught a 5 lbs channel and a drum, fishing from the rocks by the bridge. Took the boat up the Delaware from Old Town camp site, and were only able to catch a couple drum Saturday.

9. krazyCat

krazyCat New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    JJ, guess I should be happy that I am catching small ones atleast. Might try to make it out to Perry later today/tonight if I get all of my honey do's done. :smile2:

10. Kansasgoose

Kansasgoose New Member

State:
    Hoyt, kansas
    I fished slough creek monday morning. just flat tore them up. Was way up in the creek, fishing 4-5 feet of water with a little flow too it. worms and shad as bait, but it didnt matter which. had fish on both poles, and sometimes fish on at the same time. largest fish was 6 pounds, smallest was about 8 inches. They were biting good enough, I culled everything and kept only my personal slot limit of 16-20 inch fish. It seemed the rain was the best thing, for I had a short time that it was not raining, and the bite was slower, but lucky for me, it didnt last long and started raining again, and the bite was back on.

Strangest thing I ever saw happened too. There was a "storm surge" right before the second round of rain. Water suddenly started flowing back up the creek, and all that drift wood and crap started coming back up too me. I pulled anchor and moved, just to have it all turn around and flow back down. I lost a good 30 minutes of fishing due to all the limbs pilling up on the motor.