perry, old town ramp

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Kansasgoose, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Kansasgoose

Kansasgoose New Member

State:
    Hoyt, kansas
    Just FYI, the ramp at old town is not useable at this point. My boat will float pretty shallow, but its up enough now that you would have to roll your truck into the water to get a boat off the trailer. I really dont understand why they didnt make that ramp with a little more slope.

Good luck to everyone this weekend!

2. lbaker3

lbaker3 New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Thanks for the info. I was just wondering if the lake had come up much lately. Is there much trash in that end of the lake?

3. Kansasgoose

Kansasgoose New Member

State:
    Hoyt, kansas
    Lake is 6 foot or so high, and most of the trash "in the lake" has been blown to the bank. another round of rain forcast for tonight though, so things might change. if the water comes up some more, and the wind changes, trash might begin to move again. Due to the water levels and time, I didnt look at the delaware.

4. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Thanks for thr report James.I'm planning to come up there on Sat maybe. Guess i will be putting in at the Rock Creek marina.

With the rain tonight forcasted it might get unusable by Sat also.

5. kansas_catman_16

kansas_catman_16 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    ya they sayin that rain is expected for the next 4 days and that will send the resevoirs up another 2ft or so makin puttin a boat in extremely difficult.

6. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Joe welcome to the BOC....

Thanks for the weather report.

Yes, the lakes in NE Kansas are going to get real high if this rain's keep coming.

I dont think none of the lakes can release any water due to the down stream rivers right now.

7. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Sounds like time to go for flatheads up North. :big_smile:

8. kansas_catman_16

State:
    Kansas
    ya they really cant release any water especially eldorado because the walnut at winfield last time i checked was 12 ft and runnin 13000cfs so if they let water outta el dorado it'll flood winfield but upside its a good time for channel cat in the flooded brush at the lakes

9. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    that ramp was almost unusable memorial weekend.it came up a foot or 2 over night

10. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    These Kansas Reservoirs need to put in at least one high water ramp at each reservoir.:angry:

11. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    havin a flatbottom & 4x4 like me & Lucky lets ya put in just about where ever ya want. :big_smile:

12. kansas_catman_16

State:
    Kansas
    u right bout dat one. man after tonight the resevoirs are gone rize even more about a foot and im gone try and hit the river this week while the water up thats when ma "flatty hole" is at its best lol

13. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    good luck to ya. see if you can beat ol Brads day w/ 5 fish 213 lbs. !!

14. krazyCat

krazyCat New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Going to Perry this morning if the weather is not bad. The way it is looking should be clear in the morning for a couple hours.

15. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    you goin out on the point at the spillway where i seen ya last ??

16. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    watch out if you are east of northern and central kansas
    over the scanner i heard the smokey is going to crest at 11:00am today so be carefull out there and stay safe

17. kansas_catman_16

State:
    Kansas
    jj ima try mab ima try but myself i release anythin ova 40lbs but i'll keep tabs on ma weight and let ya kno

18. krazyCat

krazyCat New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I did not make it out on Friday, things came up and could not make it out. I will be out there this morning around 0730 or so on the point....if its not to crowded. look for the red z71

19. krazyCat

krazyCat New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Back from the tubes at Perry. Caught two small, very very small channels and one drum. Water was smooth as glass with very little coming out of the spillway. I used night crawlers and chicken livers. Caught one cat on crawlers and one on chicken livers.

**KansasGoose, I can not reply to your pm until I have atleast 10 post. Sorry about not getting back to you sooner.

20. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Only three to go:big_smile:

Thanks for the report from the spillway.

They need to start releasing some water from Perry Soooooooooooooooooon!