Perry Lake

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by aclrockie, Jun 1, 2008.

1. aclrockie

aclrockie New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Fished the north end of Perry yesterday. Did real well off of the rocks at the edge of the river channel. Fresh shad for bait caught 1 7.5lbs, 3 went about 5, and the rest were were a couple lbs. They were bighting on Night Crawlers but the Drum are pretty thick. Fished till about 2pm then they went slow. Came back about 7pm and they were going well again. They shut the spill way down so bait was easy to get. Hope everyone else had good luck this weekend.

2. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Nice fish Adam post us some pic.

I heard they shut the gates,did you get your shad there at the spillway.I need to go get some for this coming weekend.

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Sounds like a good day to be fishin. Congratulations on the fish.

4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sounds like you had your self a good trip Adam, congrats on your catches glad to hear that there biting good your way, keep up the good work and keep us informed on how the fishing continue to do for ya, hopefully they will keep on biting and it will be a great summer.

5. aclrockie

aclrockie New Member

State:
    Kansas

Tom,

They did close the gate but the shad are in the spillway mostly smaller males still but should be able to get quite a few in no time. I think three throws I had about 50 in the bucket. Froze what I didn't use considering the price of shad and entrales this spring. Sorry no pics this week the wife is out of town and has the camera.

6. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Thanks Adam...I will head up there tomorrow and see if I can get some..

Thanks for the report..

7. Kansasgoose

Kansasgoose New Member

State:
    Hoyt, kansas
    I was fishing the rocks by the sailboats this weekend. No shad to be found by those rocks. I threw the net for 30 minutes and never caught anything but crappie. I fished with worms and only could catch drum. tried cut drum, but no luck.
    was sure pleasant weather too be on the water though. Didnt see very many people out trying early, but the ramp was busy went I was leaving!