Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,332 Posts
Scott I was at Perry on Sunday and caught two eaters but that wind just killed us. We were in 4' of water using shad.

This weekend sounds to be better and I will be either going back to Perry or Clinton.Have done pretty well on both lakes after the ice goes out.Wind Sat & Sun are to be out of the south/west which is good for them flats on the north sides.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I have had some success on cats on the flats this early, but only when the sun is out. 3-8 feet of water with a little wind. Never had any great days this early,but they are around.

·
Registered
199 Posts
If it was me, I would go and fish a wind blown bank in water as shallow as 1-6 feet. As for bait I would pick up some of those dead shad and try the guts first and then the cut the shad and us it. I have been doing quite well shallow and on cut shad. The cats don't seam to be to picky this time of year. They are pacted full of all kinds of dead fish.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.