Perry Lake

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by mrksu123, Mar 4, 2008.

1. mrksu123

mrksu123 New Member

State:
    kansas
    I saw alot of dead shad at Perry this weekend anybody get out there this weekend and if so how did you do?

2. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Does this work this time of yoear to fish with.

3. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Scott I was at Perry on Sunday and caught two eaters but that wind just killed us. We were in 4' of water using shad.

This weekend sounds to be better and I will be either going back to Perry or Clinton.Have done pretty well on both lakes after the ice goes out.Wind Sat & Sun are to be out of the south/west which is good for them flats on the north sides.

4. 01richard

01richard New Member

State:
    kansas wichita
    wher would you find the catfish this time of year

5. Kansasgoose

Kansasgoose New Member

State:
    Hoyt, kansas
    I have had some success on cats on the flats this early, but only when the sun is out. 3-8 feet of water with a little wind. Never had any great days this early,but they are around.

6. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Id try around the creek channel close to the flats. 5-15 ft of water.:big_smile:

7. kansas rebel

kansas rebel New Member

State:
    kansas
    had no luck on the flats but seen a few nice 5lb cats caught on the delaware. and a 10lb caught in spillway tuesday

8. kansas rebel

kansas rebel New Member

State:
    kansas
    shad sides aint working but they are tearing up the shad guts

9. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    didnt have any action at perry today but never fail, i'll be back there tomorrow.

10. seaark ryan

seaark ryan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    If it was me, I would go and fish a wind blown bank in water as shallow as 1-6 feet. As for bait I would pick up some of those dead shad and try the guts first and then the cut the shad and us it. I have been doing quite well shallow and on cut shad. The cats don't seam to be to picky this time of year. They are pacted full of all kinds of dead fish.