Perry Lake

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by lbaker3, Mar 23, 2007.

1. lbaker3

lbaker3 New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Anyone been to Perry lately?
    Just wondering what the condition of the lake is. Particularly the north end. When there is a rise in level that north end fills up with debris from the river. Was just wondering if that is the case now, or if it has cleared out.

2. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Haven't been up there yet this year, but according to the Corp. it's only about 7" below pool. I can't find any data but I don't remember it being high last year at this time so I'd figure it's fishable up that way. I know if you took 7" of water from some of the places we were catching fish last year it'd be high and dry right now. Wouldn't be afaid to go fish those sticks out in the middle, give a report if you do make it up that way. Thanks.

3. lbaker3

lbaker3 New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    With any luck I will get my new boat home this week and start getting it ready to get on the water(install trolling motor and fishfinder). After that as soon as I get a day that is not to windy I will be up there. May be a couple of weeks or more though.

4. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    we went and fished north of the bridge sunday in the 20-30 mph wind and managed to catch one bout 7lbs one bout 3 and one bout 8oz..i think the fish were there but we were driftin way too fast and way too rough and probably movin right past them.we caught about a dozen 8-12 in.shad under the bridge first thing in the mornin.if anyone else gets out there to fish this week please share how you do,our 1st tourney is there this weekend.

5. lbaker3

lbaker3 New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Wouldn't you know it, I had scheduled a day off for tomorrow to go fishing and the cold moves in. The heck with it, I am going to be out there anyway cold and all. I am thinking the cats will stay down in the channel with the cold temps. What do you think? Might they still move up shallow during the day? I am going to give Perry a try tomorrow and Smithville on Saturday.