Perry Lake ??

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Charlie365, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Charlie365

Charlie365 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I hope I'm not asking for deep, dark secrets, but I'm wanting a map showing exactly where the famous "Hog Trough" is at Perry Lake.

GPS coordinates would also be helpful.

Haven't fished there (the Hog Trough), but have heard it's one of the most productive summer spots for catching "eaters".

All help is appreciated.

Also interested in any other productive areas at Perry.

2. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    i dont have a map for you but if you can find devils gap,the hawg trough is straight east.you should be able to find it by all the boats.some buddies of mine have been doing well drifting north of the bridge.3-8#ers

3. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Sorry,never been there.Buddy just got back from camping there mon and tue.
    He did well on eater cats on trotline,minnows for bait.If there is only 1 campground,thats where he was.

This isn't what you asked,but I thought I'd toss it in.

4. Charlie365

Charlie365 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thanks for the reply, Guys, but I'm not getting any closer.

Now if I only knew where Devil's Gap was........

It's not by the barrier reef, is it ? (ha, ha)

There are a number of campgrounds, including a state park, Rock Creek, Slough Creek, and Old Town (at the North end).

Mandingo, when you say "drifting north of the bridge", I would assume that might be north of the Hwy 92 bridge up at Old Town ??

I know they had a Catfish tournament in that area a couple of years ago.

I think the Hog Trough is located somewhere in the arm of the lake with the State Park and Rock Creek ??​

5. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Yep, north of the bridge is above Old town.

Devils gap is were the Delaware arm meets the main body, nasty little funnel when the wind is blowing.

The "Hog Trough" is in the area of the State Park boat ramp on the main lake, not the one up in the Rock creek arm. Look for boats, they chum a pretty wide area.

Caught a couple whitebass and a little channel on a rattle trap yesterday on Perry. Did find a couple places I really want to drift, three more nights then I'm off:confused2: