Perry Lake

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by lbaker3, Feb 13, 2009.

1. lbaker3

lbaker3 New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Hows the ice on the lake lately? Has it opened up much?

2. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    All lakes up this way are wide open...

3. lbaker3

lbaker3 New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Awesome! Thanks..

4. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Was at Perry this morning picking up shad for this weekend and although there was not a big shad kill there are plenty of 3-5".Looking up to the upper end of Rock creek I would say the cats will be there.There was thousands of gulls diving getting shad in the shallows

Old town north of 92 hwy will open after the 15th.That's when all the lake refuges open back up.

5. lbaker3

lbaker3 New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Maybe a good thing there wasn't a big shad kill. Some times it seems that after a big kill the cats get full and don't want anything to do with my bait.:sad2:
    I am going to try for next weekend to get over there. Hopefully we'll have another nice weekend then.

6. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Gald to see some shad getting picked up I have made several trips to Clinton and have not found any yet. Hope that means shad will be easier to come by this year.

7. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Dan I got these around the marina.But before the ice came off there was plenty under the ice.Just did'nt see any big one's.

The one's I got today was still half alive. (nice and fresh)

8. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I knew I should had went to Perry and checked. Oh well, that is why I have the throw net.