Perry lake report

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by n2fishn, Apr 5, 2009.

1. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    My oldest son and me went to Perry on Sat and did pretty well.We caught 16 but none real big.We had two that was 6lbs and two or three 4 lbs,the rest were running from 2-3lbs.Kept 6 for supper turned the rest loose.

Battled the wind the whole time.Started in 2' of water and they were biting real well then the clouds rolled in and they shut off.
    Went to 4-8' of water and found more active fish in thight to cover.Lost a lot of nice fish due to fishing in this stuff but still had a great time.

All were caught on fresh cut shad and shimp soaked in deadred...The bigger fish came on shrimp..

Water temp is still only 47 degrees need's to get a little warmer.

Attached Files:

2. flatheadcat4u

flatheadcat4u New Member

State:
    Westmoreland, K
    way to rip some some lips tom :roll_eyes:

3. flatheadcat4u

flatheadcat4u New Member

State:
    Westmoreland, K
    :roll_eyes:hey tom did ya want to fish perry with me next month in the us cats tourney?

4. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Tom,
    Congrats on a nice mess of channels!

5. Tuttlecat

Tuttlecat Active Member

State:
    Wamego, Kansas,
    Good job and good news on the shrimp....the way my shad catching has been going!!:crazy: My brother said it is getting tougher down that way also?

6. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    After the lake came up I lost the shad that I was catching.They were holding in that 10-12' depth but it blew them out of there with the current.But I caught plenty to last me until the new hatch..:wink:

Nate I use to fish a bunch of tourament's but got burned out on them.

But I might be game, I will give you a call.

I am fishing the one on May 30th though at Perry with my son.
    Prepaired bait only....Should be fun to say the least.

I'll be slinging Secret-7 all over the lake:smile2::smile2:

7. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Congrats Tom, On the nice channels thanks for postin the pics and the story. Looks like you got your wish of fishing in the wind yesterday:smile2:

8. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    There was all the wind I needed yesterday for sure.And again today out of the wicket north:sad2:

We had fish in the shallows (2') right off the start then they quit on us.They were rolling on the bait clear out of the water when they would start biting.I love to see that you just to wait though until they load the rod.

But when the clouds came in on us it shut them down.I thought it would of been better.Then we found them a little deeper but they were holding real tight to the cover.

Put a couple more nicks on the boat and bent the prop a little more fishing the stumps.Oh well you can tell my boat is well used.:smile2:

i went from a 42mph prop to a 35 mph prop:smile2:Time for a new one I guess.

9. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Nice haul Tom!
    I hate the wind. I know you lake guys love it but I cant stand it.
    Its the only thing that will keep me at home.:smile2: I can deal with some, but not like yesterday. We had 30 mph sustained winds with gusts up to 50.:crazy:
    I did try to get bait though. Everytime I tried to really sling the net it would land about 2 feet from the bank.:eek:oooh::smile2:
    I gave up pretty quick.:sad2: This week is lookin better though.
    Oh yeah, when I see a catman's boat and it doesnt have nicks and scratches I start to wonder about them.:wink:

10. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Nate I guess I'm still in March:smile2:.. I just looked at the schedule and seen the next one thats at Perry is on May 30th....Thats the one I'm already in.

I'm fishing that one at Perry but I already have J-Dog (son) fishing in that one with me...Sorry but come on up should be fun..

11. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    The wind yesterday were a little more than I need but I do like 10-20mph for my fishing.

I would of like to watch you throwing against the wind yesterday,Your lucky it didn't land on your head:smile2:

Your right Kyle true cat boats are not the polished kind..

I try not to beat the crap out of it and try to keep it clean but it just doesn't happen..:eek:oooh:

12. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Congats Tom, real nice mess of fish. It was howling here again today, hardest I recorded on my weather station was 44mph here at the house.

Here's a couple of pics I took today up by the dam and Dedication Point boat ramp of Milfor "Ocean":smile2:

Lydia and me will be taking a cruise over to Perry one day next week to scope out the camp grounds, so I know which one to reserve when we decide to go there this summer.:wink:

Attached Files:

13. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Where is the surf board Jim?
    That sucks!! I will be on the river if ya need me.:wink::smile2:

14. billyum2

billyum2 New Member

State:
    Topeka,ks
    looks like a person could sail surf there Jim , thanks for the pictures

15. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Thats some big waves...Looks about like last yr in June when i was trying to get out of that cove on the west side to get back to the gathering:tounge_out::crazy: