Perry Lake in Kansas

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by lbaker3, Apr 3, 2006.

1. lbaker3

lbaker3 New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    The channel cat are beginning to turn on a bit at Perry. I boated
    6 on Saturday. I caught all of them at 3 feet depth.

2. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    really!!! i should check that out

3. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    thats great to hear!im going there the next 3 weekends to get ready for a tourney.what were they hittin on?was the delaware moving any with all the rain we've had?

4. lbaker3

lbaker3 New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    The delaware was not moving, but the water level had risen some.
    I was using fresh shad I caught that morning, and wicked sticky and
    live minnows. Caught one on a live minnow, all the others where caught
    on the shad.

5. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    did you have any problem finding shad?this weekend will be the first time my cat rods have got wet since last year and im looking forward to it.did you see anyone else catfishing?were you drifting?

6. lbaker3

lbaker3 New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Throw your net directly under the 92 bridge, it is loaded with shad
    right now. Then head to the grass marsh to the north of the bridge,
    that is where they are at this time of year.

7. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    shad must stay under that bridge.i caught alot of crappie this winter just fishing wherever the shad were under the bridge and along that south bank.i did real well last year drifting that shallower water north of the marsh for cats.we could barely keep 2 poles in the water!hey bro thanks for the heads up.thats gonna keep me from guessing and thinking about where i should start this weekend.are you gonna make it back out there this weekend?

8. bigbearfireman

bigbearfireman New Member

State:
    Lawrence,ks
    He welcome to the boc and thank you for the info on the shad, hey go cheack my new thread about voting on the next gathering under who says we can only have gatheringand have fun voting brother,:) :cool: We should get together and to some fishing.

9. bigbearfireman

bigbearfireman New Member

State:
    Lawrence,ks
    My htred no vonting envolved just a thread to get poeple to talking about holding a meet and greet an their area of fishing that all.

10. lbaker3

lbaker3 New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I'll probably head up there again this weekend as long as the weather holds up and it's not to windy. I had thought about drifting that flat north of the marsh that you are talking about last week but called it off when I started catching them near the grass. I will try that next time I am up there.

11. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    The first place team at the Perry tournament last weekend ended up with 10 fish weighing in at 62 lb's.

Needless to say, fishoutloud and myself did not win:cool:

12. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    So is Perry where we have decided to have the Kansas Gathering or have we decided?

13. lbaker3

lbaker3 New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I'd be interested in knowing exacting where they caught those 10. I was
    out there last week and got skunked. I had been doing pretty well there
    up until then. I also had a hard time finding shad last week, caught a few up shallow, which is kind of unusual. Usually this time of year I can easly get all the shad I need under the bridges.

14. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    I prefished Perry twice that week and never caught a single shad, probably threw the net a couple hundred time(under the bridge also). Had to get my bait on Clinton and then only 7 big shad(one at a time). The area and depth you spoke about in an earlier post is right on the money. There were to bites, one early and one late..........nothing inbetween!!

15. onlyone

onlyone New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    where is perry lake at?

16. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Between Lawrence and Topeka, north of 24 highway. I'm pretty sure those tournament fishermen caught all the cat's in the lake:p

17. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
  18. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    Fishing at perry today was terrible.we were on the water at 7 and off by 5 with 1 4#er in the boat.not sure whether its because the lake is dropping or the cool weather but it was a LONG DAY for 1 fish.:sad2: i sure hope things change for the best.there is an ACATS tournament this weekend saturday the 13th 7am to 4 pm if anyone is interested in joining.anyone interested should contact Steve French (tackleman).i hope to meet some of you there:smile2:

19. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Thanks for the report Caleb...........:angry:

I'm betting you got yourself a sweet spot all picked out, just trying to scare the competition off:lol:

I'm off Thursday and Friday so will be there for a big dose of that fine fishing myself, I'll give ya a yell.

20. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    well Charlie i hope that report for one day will not scare anyone off,i would like to see a good turnout.i just happened to pick a day to fish that was in the 50s all day with 20 mph winds.the forecast looks stable this week so i hope things will turn around.i really wish i could say i have a honey hole picked out but id be lying:sad2: