Perry Lake Crappie Fishing

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Catchinbiguns, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    :)We've been killing the crappie @ Perry on 92, I'm not talking about some little ol' small one's, I'm talking about some slab's. :cool:

2. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Lets see some pics!!Been getting any whites along with them??

3. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Thanks for the heads up!! Are you up by the causeway or along the east bank, north of Apple Valley...........don't have to answer that if ya don't want to.

Wife just mentioned the other day she'd like to have some crappie, guess I know where I'll be on my days off!!! Thanks again.

4. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Actually It depend on the wind we would fish either the east or west side of the bridge. on 92

5. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

nice to see the kansas guys are starting to stir alittle,charlie how ya been?

6. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    No problem, I want to see eveybody else with some grub. :rock-big:

7. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

yeah i went out there but there was just to many people for my blood,glad to hear everything is going well

8. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Man I know what you mean, You probably have to get there before anyone else. Which maybe hard to do.

9. bigflathunter

bigflathunter New Member

State:
    Lawrence, KS
    Have you been up to Perry lately, I'm thinking about heading up there tomorrow morning. What are they hitting on?

10. bigbearfireman

bigbearfireman New Member

State:
    Lawrence,ks
    hey kendrick good to see someone cacthing some crappie, are you cacthing them on shore or in a boat. :)

11. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    From the bank. on 92. Might be some action @ big slough. catching them on Bubble bellies. Color white and orange.

12. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I'm thinking of headed up to Perry to try my luck on the crappies. We'll see if I can locate any. I never have any luck this time of the year!

13. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Thats great Kenny. I cant wait to get out there. :p

14. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
  15. bigbearfireman

bigbearfireman New Member

State:
    Lawrence,ks
    Hey cathunter1978 nice fish i see you caught him at the spillway:) . what were you using as bait. yeah The wind has been blowing alot more than usually the winter. the odd thing is no reall cold weathe.

16. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Chartreuse jig under a slip bobber , about 4 ft .

17. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    We've been catching a few crappie here and there out of some strip pits in the Mined Land Wildlife Area...and did ok also at Bonecreek reservoir two weeks ago when it was 70 degrees.

We also have been getting some dandy brown and rainbow trout (Up to 5 lb) out of the trout pit...also in the MLWA.

A friend at work who lives near Twin Bridges (Influx of the Spring and Neosho rivers into Grand Lake, Oklahoma) said he's been catching whitebass and hybrids out of the Neosho...about a mile up the river. I'm not too suprised...with the warm weather we've been having...the run will be beginning early this year. Or at least it would if we had any water.

Also heard the spoonbill are getting caught right now near Sail Boat bridge on Grand. They're headed up the river channel.

18. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    We have been using live minnows below a bobber and also tightlining a minnow tipped on a flourescent red 1/16 oz Road Runner jig head with a red hook. Haven't got any walleye as of yet this year...but they like the same rig.

19. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Went to Melvern Reservoir today for about 3 hours. No bites. Saw a few under 10" being caught out around the slips. Guys in the heated dock said out of the 20 people in there , only 6 keepers were caught all morning. Drove around by the outlet park and the river pond. Ill tell you what , that river pond , drains into the MDC river, that stretch has 2 fish feeders in it. I cant wait till summer. Im gonna go camp down there a couple times and fish that stretch with some shad and some chicken livers. Also went to the MDC in Ottawa on the way back to Olathe, water is flowing good from the rains in Pomona. Got some pics for you all. Im gonna go hit the deep hole on the other side of the old railroad bridge tomorrow morning bright and early , if anyone wants to come along. :) Also a pic of the "lone" crappie I caught at Perry last week by the bridge over 92 highway.

http://img46.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc170&image=95d1f_mdc_1.JPG
    http://img141.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc212&image=dc9f0_mdc_2.JPG
    http://img15.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc296&image=aab82_mdc_3.JPG
    http://img105.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc67&image=843fc_mdc_4.JPG
    http://img12.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc297&image=5b3b6_Perry_Crappie.JPG

20. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    "Lone Crappie".........looks like Perry spillway in the back ground. Won't be long and the Sauger will be running down there.

Went and fished the brushpiles along the channel at Clinton last weekend.........saw 2 short fish caught out of 20+ boats, in 2 trips:eek: