Perplexed

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Bill in SC, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Went to the Big Pee Dee late yesterday afternoon. River conditions were perfect. Water color was great and it was on a gentle rise. Rising conditions are usually very favorable. Fished the structure hard from 5:30 until 11:30 with fresh shad. Fish were showing up on the sonar holding to the structure. Not one bite!! Really weird. I'll be back at it at daybreak tomorrow.
    BB in SC

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Bill the fish didnt seem to be feeding yesterday. I marked alot of fish in my nornmal places ath the coast yesterday but no big fish biting. The fish I kept there bellies were empty so I feel lucky to have caught the ones that I did. Stay at it they have eat eventually.LOL

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I've run into that a few times, also, where the fish would be holding really tight to structure, and not be feeding. Just have to keep goin' until ya ketch em hongry!
    Bill, the river has fallen a lot since earlier in the week. I'll be back tomorrow at 34 bridge; curious to see how it is then. I talked to an old gentleman down there on Friday who had been fishing on the river for most of his 75 years, and he seemed to know a lot about it; even offered me a key to use his camp any time I want to come up and fish overnight. Mighty nice fella; sure do want to try the fishing up there real soon....

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
  5. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Just checked and now it is rising again. No telling what it will be doing at dawn tomorrow, but we will be there with fresh shad!! :)
    BB

6. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    What was barometer at?

7. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Not a clue of the barometric reading.
    BB in SC