Permit changes in 2009

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by bluejay, Sep 30, 2008.

1. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Not all fishing but of interest for Mo.

New permits to save seniors money, boost federal funding

JEFFERSON CITY—A new set of permits created by the Missouri Conservation Commission at its September meeting will save money for Missourians approaching retirement age while ensuring that the Show-Me State takes full advantage of federal wildlife funding.

The commission created a new class of “forever” hunting and fishing permits. The idea is one of many that emerged from a year-long review of hunting and fishing permits and associated regulations by the Missouri Department of Conservation Regulations Committee.

Full article: http://www.lakesunleader.com/outdoors/x282358333/New-permits-to-save-seniors-money

Conservation Commission approves permit changes

JEFFERSON CITY—The Missouri Conservation Commission has approved hunting and fishing permit changes to simplify the system and entice new hunters while maintaining conservation funding.

The Commission approved the changes at its meeting Sept. 26 in Poplar Bluff. Conservation officials said the changes are aimed at simplifying the permit structure, making age and hunter education requirements more consistent and encouraging greater participation by young outdoors people.

Full article: http://www.stjoenews.net/news/2008/oct/03/permit-changes-approved/?sports

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Thanks J.C.
    A couple changes for the good of some it sounds like, and a couple not so good. I didnt say what the Raise in hunting and fishing permit prices, effective March 1, 2009 would be?

3. bluejay

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Haven't came out with all of the prices as of yet. If I hear I will pass it on.
    A resident spring turkey will be $20.
    A resident anterless tag will be$10.
    Nonresident any deer will be $225.
    Non resident any deer will be $25.

4. cocatfish

cocatfish New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Anyone know they would jump from 5 acres to 80? That is big jump and, it got me. I am on 42 acres. What happen to looking out for the small guy? Just my thoughts.

5. bluejay

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Had to many people buying 5 ac. plots and getting free permits. Trying to up the income some as the fishing and hunting permit sales have dropped drastically the last 8 yrs. Guess some of the baby bommers are getting to old to hunt and not a enough youngsters to pick up the slack. They also cut out leeses who do not live on the land.

I heard the hunting and fishing permits are going up $2 to $3 dollars also. Still a lot cheaper than other states. I support our conservation department on what they are doing to keep what we have.

6. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for the post and the video link. Looks like we all need to introduce someone to enjoy the outdoors.

7. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Wow, thanks for the updated info.