Perfect time to do it!

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by michiganwhitetailRLM, Jun 24, 2008.

1. michiganwhitetailRLM

michiganwhitetailRLM New Member

State:
    MI
    I've noticed that some of us Michigan brothers have been inviting each other to do some cattin. I have also noticed that the big B.O.C. get togethers are way more than a stones throw away from us. We live in a freshwater wonderland and should be using this to our advantage as a group once in a while.
    I was thinking that it would be a great idea if a bunch of us got together and wet a few lines. I myself live in an area with major amounts of anglers. I am also willing to do a bit of traveling to have a catfishing outing. With all the Michigan locals that I've heard from, I'm sure a plan could become a real possibility here.
    So what do you guy's and gal's think? LET'S DO THIS! Summer has just begun here and I know we can all come up with a day and a place. I think we can all come up with a plan within......let's say 3-4 weeks time, if not sooner.
    I've got a coleman stove that can fit in a backpack to cook up something hot on the bank....LOL! Cattin has been like a ritual for me the past 2 yrs and I've got alot of knowledge to share w/ eveyone. I'm looking forward to this folks and know it will be a blast.
    RICK....:0a22::0a24:

2. wishbone1

wishbone1 New Member

State:
    michigan
    sounds good to me bro
    (maybe do a place like mott or the res. being not everyone will have a boat). mott has that 200ft long fishing pier handicapper-friendly
    have to check it out, make sure its still usable.
    dont know if holloway has a public fishing pier on it.
    just my 2 cents.

3. michiganwhitetailRLM

State:
    MI
    I was thinkin of someplace like the grandriver. It's the longest river in our state and has a long boardwalk somewhere in lansing. Mott lk. is closer to home though and I have'nt fished it much. We need more input.......rick.

4. wishbone1

wishbone1 New Member

State:
    michigan
    Is the grand a designated trout stream where a stamp would be needed?

5. eyeguy

eyeguy New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Man that idea sounds great, my problem is that I live in Cadillac and GR or Lansing are quite a ways away. For me a trip like that would mean an overnight stay. When I go around my area I take my camper and go to a campground, I would not like to stay at a motel. I will keep watching to see where the majority would like to go. I know the Muskegon near Big Rapids has some cats in it above Rogers Dam but that may be too far for all of you to drive, let alone the Big Manistee near Mesick. However I will consider it as I would like to whet a line with fellow brothers on this site.
    Mike

6. michiganwhitetailRLM

State:
    MI
    I'm not sure barry. It would seem like a river that big would have areas that could be fished without a troutstamp or it would be unfair for other anglers that don't fish for trout or salmon. The grand river better not be a like that or somethings wrong. I'm not buying a trout stamp to catch cats....lol!
    The grand was just an idea, I am willing to check out any place other than my usual hangouts. We need more input from others. I'm shooting for everything to be finalized within the next 3 weeks.

7. ROYDOG

ROYDOG New Member

State:
    Charlotte, Mich
    we need to do this....i live in charlotte and i am in the country with 4 acres ready for campers and tents ...charlotte is not far from Lansing and the grand........the wife is a great cook and we are ready to show some brothers and thier family some hospitality.....feel free to message me for my phone # and lets really do this.......:smile2::smile2::smile2:

8. butch fulk

butch fulk New Member

State:
    Charlotte, Mich
    if it on a fri or sat iam in let me know where and time

9. butch fulk

butch fulk New Member

State:
    Charlotte, Mich
    i call GRAND RIVER BAIT AND TACKLE and they said you do not need a troutstamp to fish the grand for cats. there ,shop is a little mom and pa shop.there only 3 or 4 block from the river walk and one of the dam they do a big carp contest every year . they got a lot of river fishing stuff.iam new to cat fishing and never cat fish there . but we sucker fished and seen salmon and walleye there .

10. michiganwhitetailRLM

State:
    MI
    This is great! We have a place now all we need is an exact date and some brothers and sisters to jump on board. Glad you like my idea brother and here are some reps for volunteering to let us camp on your propety.:smile2::roll_eyes::smile2:

11. michiganwhitetailRLM

State:
    MI
    Just keep checking into mine or roydogs thread and you will stay informed. Thanks for jumping on board for the gathering....rick.