Perfect Opening Day Early Goose/Dove

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by Critter Getter, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Critter Getter

Critter Getter New Member

State:
    Elnora, Indiana
    Our early goose and dove season came in on Sept. 1 here in Indiana and we couldn't have asked for a better morning. The feathered critters took a liking to one of our silage fields and 5 of us shot our limit of geese in about 2 hours. After we picked up the decoys and swapped the steel for the lead we also shot ourselves a limit of doves before lunch out of the same field. The only thing that went wrong that morning was the batteries in the camera went dead before I could get a picture of the 75 doves sitting next to the 25 geese...

Attached Files:

2. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia

3. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    Nice pile of geese. That goose and dove pic would have been great.

4. Critter Getter

Critter Getter New Member

State:
    Elnora, Indiana
    It was a pretty neat sight. Searched all the trucks and all over the shop and could not find a couple batteries. It was just too warm and way too far to drive to town and buy some.

5. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    Somewhere around this mess I have a picture from when I was in highschool of 10 of us dove hunting and everyone limited out. We had a field that my buddy owned but was leased out to a vegitable farm. They had early sweet corn that had been rotary mowed on 30 acres and watermelons and cantalopes on 40 acres with an irrigation ditch running through the middle. It was a dove hunters dream. Back then the limit was 12 per day. It was nearly impossible to lose any dead birds because everything was low to the ground. It was great. I will have to look around and see if I can find it. We had em stacked on the tailgate of the truck and they filled the entire tailgate about 8 rows high. Usually there werent that many of us hunting, but that was our last year of all of us bein together before everybody left for college or jobs, so we decided to get everybody together and have a game feast. Other than that it was a secret little honey hole. SSSHHH...