Pere Marquette Camping Grounds

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by HARVRAD2003, May 8, 2006.

1. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    A coworker said she went out there and camped this weekend and said it was right next to the River. I was wondering if anyones been there fishing and if it would be a decent place to take kids camping and also do some fishing at the same time.

2. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Hey Harvrad. I have never camped there but have stopped by and looked around. It is a beautiful camp grounds and it is across the road from the Illinois river. I would say yes it would be a nice place to take the kids camping and fishing. Lots of rock lined bank right there. I would think from now until the spawn would be great fishing.

3. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Thanks---I've been doing nothing but work-come home-work and it's getting to a point where a person needs to get a way. I live in an apartment so that's part of it I'm sure. I promised my 6 yr. old girl we'd go fishing--going to try to take her somewhere this year for at least 3-4 times. Back in 2004 while at Rend Lake she caught her first 3 catfish at the age of 4 yr. old, they were aprox. 3 1/2, 2 1/2 and 2 lber's. ever since then she's asked to go back fishing. I made the comment one day to my mother in law who loves to fish that I needed a son to have as a fishing buddy---she corrected me real quick in saying it's not wether your a boy or girl, it's how you are raised---she was raised to fish, hunt and camp with her dad---and she loves to fish probably more than any other person I know. So I'm going to teach both of my girls to camp and fish and to love and enjoy it.